RC Competitor
    holliston massachusetts ( 20 miles West of Boston)

Want an E-REVO brushless

I would love to get a full size e-revo i have the mini one and i am looking in to getting the 1/10 scale one so i have a couple of questions

1 would you suggest New or used

2 What should i expect to pay for used and new

3 what should i expect to put into it for upgrades

RC Qualifier
    I would say however you want to but it used would be easier and cheaper but I always like opening the box and the smell of a brand new traxxas vehicle they have a unique smell lol but rpm arms are a must and summit drive shafts

Sent from my iPhone using My Thumbs
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

RC Qualifier
    I just bought mine and it will be in the mail this week I've been monitoring ebay, traxxas marketplace, craigslist, and ultimate rc for a couple months now.

1)Used in good condition. Preferably with upgrades already installed.

2) New $600-1000, Used $300-700, Roller: $200

3)This is my first revo and it's not even in my hands yet so I'm not qualified to answer this one.
    Jesus, Lights, RC, Minecraft, LoL

RC Champion
    Buying used will be a cheaper option all around. If you look around you should be able to find a E-Revo in pretty much new condition with Upgraded CVD's and rpm a-arma and a few other random upgrades for around $600.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    All true but there's nothing like taking a new one out of the box!
    Used one check the diffs for clicking. Look for one with upgrades -rpm arms carriers maybe rims and tires

RC Competitor
    Buy a new one and you'll be a happiest man ever
    Dusty Motors shrouds

RC Qualifier
    my advice will be a bit different...surely new has the bling, used has the low price, BUT how about the build-from-parts?

advantages:
    - low bay prices (for part groups not individual parts - i.e. roller which has a lot of other small parts on it)
    - the process of building, which is a must for any hobbyist and the coolest thing for most of us you will also learn your truck.
    - customized parts, especially driveline. build it with full losi from scratch, or even summit shafts + steel center cvds!

I believe if you re patient you ll achieve a great total price, plus you will learn a ton of stuff, plus you ll build an overall better than stock truck.
    <3 Traxxas~Align~Ducati~Lib-tech~JacksonGtrs <3

RC Qualifier
    Build from parts is FAR more expensive. You can get a roller for 250 dollars, then you only need electronics, wheels and a body. If you want to buy the roller in parts you might need double the cash.

Ive been look into this too lately for a second revo, and im probably going for a roller + mm2 + mashers + slipstream body + hitec 7950. Total is about 800$. Same as new but already with a good servo, mm2 and nice tires

RC Qualifier
    I bought new mainly for the pre-installed telemetry and TQi docking base.
    That may sound stupid but I love it. To have your voltage and motor temp right there is worth the price. I love it.
    Need to put your lipos in storage mode? Just look down at your controller and set a warning level in the app.

Also I too love cutting the factory seal and having a car that is all mine and has never felt the soft caress of.... Sorry, I don't know where that was going but you get the point.

😃
    Last edited by tjtoed; 03-26-2013 at 07:56 AM.

RC Qualifier
    i would also not get a mamba combo for a new truck. i have the feeling that the taiwanese competitor (wingy) is really good and at lower price. down to $180 for 2200kv+150A esc. i ve burnt more mamba esc's and motors than those ones.

especially these mamba inrunner motor rotors are a joke. i ve seen 4 till now to blast the rotor at lower than 50k rpm.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzion View Post
    i would also not get a mamba combo for a new truck. i have the feeling that the taiwanese competitor (wingy) is really good and at lower price. down to $180 for 2200kv+150A esc. i ve burnt more mamba esc's and motors than those ones.

especially these mamba inrunner motor rotors are a joke. i ve seen 4 till now to blast the rotor at lower than 50k rpm.
    You must have issues with gearing your truck properly or using well rated batts I bet my mamba will smoke your HW and by the way castle has the combo on sale for 210 right now so for and extra 30 ill go castle

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyK View Post
    Build from parts is FAR more expensive. You can get a roller for 250 dollars, then you only need electronics, wheels and a body. If you want to buy the roller in parts you might need double the cash.
    +1, I would never try to buy all part separate.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Ya I would buy a roller instead

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mydudrevo View Post
    You must have issues with gearing your truck properly or using well rated batts I bet my mamba will smoke your HW and by the way castle has the combo on sale for 210 right now so for and extra 30 ill go castle

first of all there's no need to get aggressive, betting and smoking each other over some toys :P

second, i d really like a link of that 210 deal on the mamba combo, some friend wants a combo right now.

third, my opinion on the motors stand. i have lost trust on castle's inrunner, it blows the rotor sooner or later if you go really high rpm. the esc on the other side ok i can admit that i've burnt a few by my mistakes, i still like the castle esc over any other 6s 150a esc out there. they are expensve tho, and their warranty repairs unfortunately takes 2-3 months to process, and its a pity as it is only $70 for a new esc!!! hats off to that.

i would also like to state that i am a supporter of the original electronics manufacturers and i don't like copies. i also really believe that when you are the first one to bring things to the market, you are one-two steps ahead in quality and all over someone who copies you. therefore i like castle, but i am not fond of their inrunner rotors anymore. and sometimes i buy copies just because they are so darn cheaper or quicker to come.

on topic, i calculated a 'bay parted e-revo with complete losi driveline & rpm arms & wingy combo at around $650-$700 and all the parts are new, just need some assembly (parts are in group of parts - less work in the end). oh and a tx-rx :P its not cheaper i guess but it surely is stronger. i also concluded that a used roller + electronics are cheaper.

RC Qualifier
    Go to the castle website they are on clearance and not meaning to be aggressive it's hard to tell the intent of text you know. It was more of a friendly bet not a I'm gonna kill you kind lol

RC Qualifier
    http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...rage_sale.html
    Here's the link

RC Champion
    I ended up selling my red e-revo to a friend for $560 since I hardly drove it and was building a second one.
    The red one was upgraded with RPM arms and Knuckles and CVD's. I think I gave him a fair deal.
    Odd thing was, he didn't want the Summit bumpers and lights, so I put stock bumpers on.

Yellow one above didn't have any electronics in it yet, was waiting on a transmission gear to arrive.

I just finished assembling the yellow one the other night,

Both of those cars were hand built by me using our supply of Revo 3.3 parts and ordering the 2 chassis, transmissions, center CVD and Center drive shafts, and lighting parts from ebay.
    Last edited by Zepher; 03-26-2013 at 03:36 PM.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Qualifier
    Hmm.. I'm still considering, i could buy a roller and then add all electronics, but thats kinda easy and boring really . And you would still have all those parts you need to upgrade from the stock roller. I could also just start with a chassis, and slowly build it with the correct parts. But that would be way more expensive, but more fun to do.

Oh and i see you have a RX8 + Redline in your new revo, and a MM in your old revo. Which one do you prefer?

RC Champion
    I haven't driven the revo with the tekin yet.
    I setup the car with a tqi receiver and yesterday when I was about to test drive it the tqi transmitter wouldn't turn on.
    Traxxas says the firmware upgrade may have gotten corrupted and bricked the transmitter.
    I've got to send it in for a replacement.

The tekin was in an hpi trophy buggy 3.5 conversion and ran great in there.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

I bought mine new and had a blast with it stock...running 6s. Diffs didn't last me long bashing around with 6s. It has been rebuilt a couple times now and customised to my liking.

My eRevo is such a blast to bash around for speed and big airs compared to my other trucks .
    Last edited by MITCH316; 03-26-2013 at 04:18 PM.
    Rock n Rolla !