RC Enthusiast

Erronous throttle response with MMM firmware 1.39 beta

When I first got my MMM and 2200 about a year ago and installed it in my summit I updated the firmware to ~ 1.33 or whatever was current at the time. When I'd drive it there was a significant lag at initial throttle. I rolled back to 1.24 and then drove it no problem for a year.

I just recently got a savox servo (444.0 OZ/in @ 6v) and I wanted to run my BEC at 6.0 volts. Only way to do that is update firmware. Apparently I have a MMM v4 or v5 because those support different BEC voltages. So I updated to 1.39, but now I'm having a different throttle issue.

The issue kinda feels like the deadband is super high (though I have dead band set to average, the same as it was before). I have to squeeze the trigger about 3mm before it starts to roll, but it goes instantly from 0% to about 10% throttle and does not smoothly climb to 100% throttle either. Same thing happens in reverse.

Now, I know you're thinking "you need to reset the endpoints of your throttle". . . I did that. . .3 times, so I know that's not the issue. Perhaps you all could look at my settings and tell me if I'm missing something. I'd be inclined to think it would have something to do with my start power set to medium, or my timings set to the lowest settings, but again I had the exact same issues with the motor out of the car as well as in the car.

Actually, just realized I have to pull my car out to check settings with the castle link software. In the meantime, maybe I should just ask "is anybody have smooth operation with 1.39 beta in their summit? I'd roll back to 1.24 in a heartbeat if I could have 6.0v BEC output.

Ohhh yeah, and I'm running one of those racer's edge capacitors that plugs into the receiver to help prevent glitching from the servo drawing too much power. Same issues with the cap plugged in or without.

RC Enthusiast
    Nevermind, it was just the really bad start of all the firmwares 1.24 or newer. I really hope they fix that. Went back to 1.24 and it was smooth again. . . servo is a bit slower, but still way faster than the stock so ohh well.

RC Qualifier
    so I should go to firmware 1.24?

I know what you were talking about when the rc doesn't go right away and then it kinda jumps like it's cogging but not really, it kinda bugs me too.
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

Disable the on board bec and put a castle bec in best of both worlds.
    Not having full power to your monster servo is just not sitting right with me...Im kidding of course but that would solve the issue.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried