RC Qualifier

Traxxas GTR shock travel

Hi,

Does anyone know how much travel (in mm) the Traxxs GTR shocks in use on ERBE have?

It is no secret that I've had my fair share of woes with Traxxas shocks since getting my Rebo, so lately I've been looking at aftermarket options. Right now I am considering a very cool alternative with piggybacks (not Integy), but I first need to know the travel of stock ERBE shocks...

RC Champion
    I didn't know there was any good aftermarket shocks?
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    The GTR shocks are already great shocks, only could use some better shock ends

RC Qualifier
    Travel in the shocks themselves or travel in the susspension?

the pushrod actuated system its a differant set up to normal suspension and therefore I dont think it will be a simple case of changing the shock as it will effect the entire susspension setup and workings.. the traxxas revo springs themselves and the spring rates are designed specifically for this setup. Ie Springs become stiffer as they compress and this work in conjunction with the travel in the arms

I think travel was like follows.
    progressive rockers 1&2 are 90 mm travel
    long travel rockers are 120mm travel
    shocks themselve are approx 20/25mm trave

I honestly feel that the revo shocks are pretty good and amongst some of the better out there.. whats the issue with yours as maybe we could offer some help, depending on what your after you can change oil WT, spring rates,preload,pushrod location and A-arm location to aquire the desired setup. a lot of people mistakenly think its suppose to sit very high and stiff in fact the revo does sag.

if you want to improve them you could use alloy tie rod ends instead of plastic to prevent the stretching adn play, same with the shock caps retainer/preload nut and the spring retainer so you could end up with a 90% metal shock with exception to the piston.. I cant see many aftermarket shock if any that would be better then that..

RC Champion
    I agree with the above posts, the stock gtr shocks that come on the revo are excellent shocks. If you want to improve them you can add aluminum caps and spring retainers, variable damping pistons, TNi coated shafts and such but as far as the main body of the shock, there's nothing better out there and as mentioned, the rocker suspension setup on the revo won't work properly with any shock not specifically made to work with it.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4