RC Qualifier

What did I buy here ? Pics

Well I picked up this E-Revo this weekend. I ended up trading a slash 4X4 for it. Kept my TQi Tx/Rx and my ESC. Always wanted a full size Erevo as I already have a MERV. So tell me what I got here ??? I can see this was a brushed version (I think) at one point running dual brushed motors. It now has as shown a 1/10 VXL (same as my slash had). I plan on getting a new chassis and dying it black (same as my MERV) and a bunch of other RPM upgrades. Motor / ESC combo when cash permits.

Question, is this motor strong enough for this size ??? Ya I know watch temps, gearing etc. What do you guys think ? Yes I know it has "other" wheels and body for now.

E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Qualifier
    Differences i can spot:
    - Front sway bar, rear sway bar is missing
    - Pushrods/turnbuckles are not stock, but i don't know which these are either
    - You're missing one stock servo, and a single stock servo is not going to be enough i'm afraid.
    This was indeed a dual motor setup, but i don't know how the slash ESC and motor will hold up on the revo, someone else might be able to tell you.

With some work you should be able to make a nice revo out of this one

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the input WesleyK. Yeah I noticed the 2nd servo missing also. Didnt know it had sway bars front and rear. I drove it around alittle bit yesterday and it seems to steer fine. I think the motor is a little underpowered for it however. It was pretty fast a wheelies a little however. But ya Im gonna totally rebuild this truck.

RC Qualifier
    That VXL looks pretty small in there now that I look at the pictures.

RC Champion
    um correct me if im wrong but don't the revo's run dual batteries like the summit? and where is the receiver box? And i swear i see a front sway bar their?

RC Qualifier
    Yes this Erevo runs two batteries. I just had in one to test it. The Rx is in the other battery compartment as it didnt come with an Rx box. Yes there is a front sway bar on it.

RC Qualifier
    Just reading all over on this thing. Do I go with dual VXL ? and have to run (2) EsC ? Or look for a MM ? I really want it to be water proof also.

RC Champion
    Dual vxl will be fine but you'll have twice as many problems. (twice as man esc's equals twice as many problems)
    You can get the brand new waterproof mamba monster 2!!!!!
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Qualifier
    Yep MM2 is the way to go, more power than you need .

It will steer fine with the rear swaybar missing, stock these come without sway bars, but you will notice the difference when you add them.

RC Champion
    If you need a video on dual vxl's

Also a stock e-revo doesn't come with sway bars?
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Well I just ordered RPM A-Arms all around, new chassis (to dye) RPM axle carriers with over sized bearings, New battry doors and vents (as these have seen better days), Also RX box. Still gotta think about the motor ESC combo. Dont really wanna run (2) ESC's. I'll keep my eye out on Ebay for a MM2 set-up. But do we think it will hurt anything running this solo VXL ? Any one else run this ?

RC Qualifier
    Yep stock doenst run sway bars, its a hop up

I understand the desire for a waterproof setup but if it's not absolutely necessary, Castle has a clearance sale on their original MMM/motor combos as well as some other discontinued items.
    Alt-241 on the number pad = Ī

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by firemanJBI View Post
    Well I just ordered RPM A-Arms all around, new chassis (to dye) RPM axle carriers with over sized bearings, New battry doors and vents (as these have seen better days), Also RX box. Still gotta think about the motor ESC combo. Dont really wanna run (2) ESC's. I'll keep my eye out on Ebay for a MM2 set-up. But do we think it will hurt anything running this solo VXL ? Any one else run this ?
    running the solo vxl will be slow and will most likely ruin the motor. You can find MM2 combos all over ebay.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Any advantage to putting this 1/10 VXL/ESC into my Merv ?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by firemanJBI View Post
    Any advantage to putting this 1/10 VXL/ESC into my Merv ?
    you need the 550 size motor mount for that ? its been done real easy.i think there are a couple in the mini e-revo pics threads.. one vxl in a big e-revo might work if you gear it low. id just test drive it until you get a good combo. id almost save the vxl combo for another build. peace
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I understand the desire for a waterproof setup but if it's not absolutely necessary, Castle has a clearance sale on their original MMM/motor combos as well as some other discontinued items.
    very good deal on the mmm/2200kv. all you need is a outerwares cover. best deal i ever seen. man where was this two weeks ago.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

It has been there a while, I notice that when shopping for my MMM, but I also saw it was the V1. I got a V3 esc on the forum for 130 shipped. I noticed also on the revo the spur cover is missing, you definitely want that in place you don't want your wires to get chewed up.

Also I would recommend the rpm true track kit over just the arm kit, you didn't mention if you ordered that or just the standard rpm arms. The true track really helps the truck perform and eliminates the crappy toe links on the rear and also replaces the rear knuckles. Just my opinion but I know it is shared by many on the ERBE forum. Also recommend the sway bar for the rear the revo suspension is great, if you can control the rolling which the sway bars do a great job of.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy