Thread: axel carriers?

RC poster

axel carriers?

whats better, stock or rpm axle carriers?

RC Qualifier
    People Say HR because they are aluminium and aluminium doesn't wallow out easy and the rpm does since it has soft plastics and it makes it tough to break people differ from style, i would just go with the Rpm.. Many people have them and have not had any problems!

In my observations, all of the following makes a decent knuckle... with many reported happy users.
    HR, GH, and GPM

HR gets a bad rap because the threads are not always perfect for the pillow ball adjuster.
    To be honest, I don't think any of them have perfect threads in this area... but because HR has aluminum pillow ball adjusters this flaw becomes more evident. If you have a way to chase the threads to make sure they are perfect, HR makes a quality knuckle.

RPM are hit and miss... some report no issues while others say they popped pillow balls and the bearing hole ovaled over time.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC poster
    thanx for the replies. i read the thread where you wrote that jimmie. and did notice that rpm said they redesigned their carriers. got them in today, dont know what the old stlye looked like but these seems to have more of a oblong shape to them instead of round. or possibly round with just a little plastic added on two edges.

RC Enthusiast
    Stock carriers with 7033X

I've got them and they're awesome. And cheap.

RC Qualifier
    rpm' are cool because they come in green to match grave digger. As for the stock carriers with the 7033X, how do you get the stock ones apart? I read people end up breaking one before figuring it out.

RC poster
    they are a pain. there are two pinch tabs on the top and bottom of the carrier. I used a small flat head screw driver and pryed the tabs in and pushed the pivot balls through. pushing the tabs out ahead of it. you have to push pretty hard and then they just pop out. I put the thread end of the pivot ball on the table and pushed down on the carrier. good luck

RC Enthusiast
    ^That's correct, and they really aren't that difficult to do. Takes about 15 seconds to get one open.

I would suggest just buying a set of new carriers along with the 7033x.. its only like 6 bucks...