RC Racer

New driveshafts? Broken driveshafts.... :thumbdown:

Just got traxxas's steel driveshafts, man am I disappointed...

First look

Guess I found the weakest link...

The carnage.. Not too bad

I guess the question is, where can I find a pin to replace the atomized one?
    Thanks in advance
    -Ian

RC Competitor
    try a tiny drill bit cut to length. then maybe a lil bit of thread lock or shoe goo or something to hold it in.

was an o-ring holding it in?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's just a fluke. Have been running them for over a year up to and over 65mph with no problems
    The pin from a 7055 will work could get by with the right size drill bit
    Last edited by 50togo; 03-25-2013 at 12:03 AM.

RC Racer
    I had the same problem, gave out on second run... just the one broke and I put the plastic ones back in the front and kept the rears and they have held up great.
    Summit
    Slash
    merv x3
    savage flux xs

RC Racer
    call traxxas support, from what i hear, they have excellent support in the US, maybe they can sort you out with what you need. its worth a shot

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeBahamut View Post
    I had the same problem, gave out on second run... just the one broke and I put the plastic ones back in the front and kept the rears and they have held up great.
    I went through this a number of times, the pins seem to be the weak point. I got to the point where I've given up and switching back to the stock plastics. (currently only running the metals up front, but the next time I change the front diff, they are swapping back to stock)

RC Racer
    if you are still interested in steel driveshafts, integy makes excellent center shafts (version 2).

these are one of the few products that are solidly built by that company, i have had mine for more than a year, no issues with em. they also use a steel band to cover the pins rather than rubber, if there is a con, i would say that it is much heavier than the traxxas set.
    http://www.toysonics.com/integy-t350...shaft-set.html

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I still say its not that common occurrence. I have heard of a few but not that many

RC Racer
    Yeah, thanks for the opinions guys. I think it may have been a fluke too, right now I'm looking for something to replace it. I'll just look for a finishing nail and sand the head and point off. See if I can't find one that fits

RC Qualifier
    a nail wont last long, the metal is too soft. You need hardened steel, like a drill bit. needle bearing pin maybee fit?