RC Enthusiast
    I am new to rc bought a pede last summer and been having a blast bashing & tinkering and adding on upgrades my oldest
    Daughter&son have the grave diggers. But my question is on props I've been snooping around on this forum and have found
    Lots of awesome info! Thanx to all of you! I have installed the ose water jacket& dual pickup rudder don't want any heating issues but what is the best prop to get I have the grimracer 42x55 but have learnt that it might be slower than the stock ones. So my question is which is the best one to go with Prather 215 s.s or Octura x442

I guess I should've said what boat I have its the new spartan and I will be running 3s lipos I live in north central Alberta won't see water for a couple of months still
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-24-2013 at 08:48 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Either of those props will work fine, I have run both and they perform well.

The 215 is a stainless prop, which is a bit more effort to balance and sharpen than the copper/beryllium props.

hog

RC Qualifier
    The 42x55 is a bit slower but it's good for your electronics, if you want to go for higher push either the Octura x442 or Prather 215 are the closest to the stock prop. but be sure to monitor the motor temp. & esc for sure when you run it on 3s it will have a heat issue, don't put any bigger props. on the stock motor or you might cook everything. Good luck!

P.S. When buying a metal prop. it should be balanced & sharpened, some hobbyist don't know about this thing, ending up problems with their electronics due to stress from the driveline to the motor.
    Last edited by Edgemoulic; 03-24-2013 at 10:00 PM.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok thank you very much! I had thought that the stock plastic prop would flex too much that's one of the reasons why I wanted to get an aftermarket s.s or beryllium prop.At my lhs one of the guys sold me a fingertip prop balancer and a set of jeweler's
    Filies and said to file the backside so I guess here goes nothing1
    Last edited by gjgriff; 03-24-2013 at 10:18 PM.

RC Champion
    Welcome to the forum

If you have never sharpened or balanced a prop before you may want to read some articles on how to do this task.

There is alot of info out there and you can start with this if you wish.

http://www.modelpowerboat.com/conten...ler-balancing&

Hope this helps you get started in the right direction.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    gjgriff,
    Just curious, where do run your Spartan.
    hog

RC Enthusiast
    Ok I will check out that link thanks ocra44

Hog
    I haven't ran my spartan yet I just got it a month ago we still have 2 1/2 - 3 feet of snow but I have a lake lot on a big lake(Whitefish Lake in north central Alberta) and its deep we are in a
    cove its usually calm there but I am very anxious to try it out
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-26-2013 at 02:32 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Just north of Vilna?

We run on Pigeon Lake, SW of Edmonton, so I'm in the same boat you are, waiting for the ice to disappear.

hog

RC Qualifier
    I'm going to hate myself for saying this (maybe not), but it's going to be 65 here this Sunday...let the RC boat funations begin!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Hog
    Yes that is the lake. I live 35 min north of St Albert I have a feeling that all lakes& dugouts will be full this year. Do u guys race out on pigeon or just
    Around and have fun?

ReglarDude
    thanx for the burn! Lol

RC Qualifier
    Mostly just my daughter and I having fun out front of the cabin.
    Seems like every time we try racing each other, the end result is a costly disaster when one of us zigs instead of zags.
    I have seen very few R/C boats run on our lake, so for he most part we just keep ourselves occupied.

I agree, there should be a good run off this year, but I think the ice is going to be late coming off, unless the weather smartens up and realizes it's spring time.

ReglarDude, get out and enjoy if you can

hog

RC Enthusiast
    When I first got my pede my oldest daughter & oldest son seen how much fun I was having then they got a digger each. I imagine once they see my Spartan ripping across the water they'll each want one.it's good family fun and that's what its all about and it works well on wifey!