Thread: Wheels

RC Qualifier

Wheels

Can anyone tell me what wheels will fit the original trenches?
    _______^_
    /______l__\____
    l_l O l_____l O l

RC Qualifier
    I'm mounting mine on a set of Pro-Line Cheyenne Beadloc's. I should have them finished in the next day of two. I'll post some pic's if you care?
    SUMMIT, SUMVO, ERBE, EMAXX & REVO 3.3

Proline tec 5 rims on my truck they do narrow the truck though zero offset.
    The Cheyenne rims will require 23 mm hubs or mine do anyways.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    I have a set of tec 5 now and cant stand how narrow it makes it. The tires are new and want to use them. I was hoping someone knew of another set that the tired can mount to.
    _______^_
    /______l__\____
    l_l O l_____l O l

Cheyenne are a bit wider and have a bit of offset harder to find.seems nobody cares about us summit guy's I believe it was noir522 who coined the phrase "red headed step child of Rc"The Rc world is a bit upset,they had to make up a category for us.we don't fit in any one group....I like that lol

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Keila72 View Post
    I have a set of tec 5 now and cant stand how narrow it makes it. The tires are new and want to use them. I was hoping someone knew of another set that the tired can mount to.
    Have you considered the Tec 5's with an offset hub? You sould regain your track width that way.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep800 View Post
    Have you considered the Tec 5's with an offset hub? You sould regain your track width that way.
    Are you talking about hub extensions? I don't want to use extensions if I don't have to. There's got to another set of wheels that will take that bead.
    _______^_
    /______l__\____
    l_l O l_____l O l

RC Qualifier
    Yes, I was referring to a longer shank hub. But to answer your question........I have beat my head on that wall for months. I have looked high and low and to my knowledge there are just not a lot of options out there at this time for the 40 Series Trenchers. Especially if you’re looking for a wheel that has a ” offset.

The perfect wheel (IMO) would be the Axial Narrow Rockster 3.8; but good luck finding a set. I eventually gave up and started looking for and finally found a set of Pro-Line Cheyenne Beadloc’s, but if they have an offset it’s minimal.

After some reading and thinking, the ” offset has its pro’s and con’s. If you’re bashing a lot it maybe a drawback because you give up some of your stability by narrowing your stance but if you’re crawling or trail riding, IMO it would be better because you have narrowed your stance.

After I watched a few of jamann’s videos on YouTube I was convinced that a standard offset wheel works just fine on the Trencher 40 Series and Summit!!!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Keila72 View Post
    Are you talking about hub extensions? I don't want to use extensions if I don't have to. There's got to another set of wheels that will take that bead.
    If you're worried about the stress placed on the bearings with +12mm extended hubs I'd say its a moot issue. 1/2" offset or 12mm hubs places the wheel in the same location and will have very similar effect on the drive train. The only issue you may have is the hubs may get loose with time much like the stock traxxas 17mm hubs do.

RC Qualifier
    Has anyone cut up a set of original trenches to fit the typical beadlock style rim. I'm personally a fan of the axial wheels after they are narrowed and I don't mind narrowing another set if they will fit. I just want to put a different pair of shoes on one of my other summits.
    _______^_
    /______l__\____
    l_l O l_____l O l