RC Qualifier

Can this happen???

So a person I know has built a 3.3 out of new parts!!! But on his 4th tank of breaking it in the temps hit 230 and he stopped it and richened it a bit so it would be cooler, but when he went to start it again it started real hard, then stopped because he was worried about then engine. he had asked me what I thought it sounded like a air leak but I went wait.. It's had four tanks, and everything is built right... Could this be a leak?? Or glow plug I think I'm going to have him try that and have a freshly charged battery because that one was very weak.. So let me know what you guys think. ( oh and he also asked me if its ok if the engine turns over way easier than it is cold.. I thought so due to the expanding, but I haven't payed attention to any of my engines.) The last question is : is it ok to stop in the middle of a tank or any tanks??
    I know this is a lot of information and questions but I haven't had a problem or question like this with my engines. Thanks for the help guys!!

Should have kept running if the temp was 230, that's a good temp.
    And any engine is easier to turn over when warm.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Should have kept running if the temp was 230, that's a good temp.
    And any engine is easier to turn over when warm.
    Ok great I thought so!!! Your always help Double G!!

+1 230 is fine... Heck during break in I prefer getting the engine temps up over 220 and as close to 260 as I can... For break in purposes you want to heat the engine for full expansion then let it cool so the parts contract back....
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Champion
    point to consider - I learned the hard way.....

If the engine simply dies for no reason, spin it by hand before you try the want or pull start. The connecting rod can break and the engine stops, if you force it you'll do more damage. A simple check for the right feel will mitigate the risk

I would be remiss if I didnt mention this to someone who built an engine rather than bought one already built and tested

Just saying, it could happen