RC poster

Wink Mamba Pro 2400kv/Gears

Hi guys, newbie on the forums but a long time lurker. So I'm replacing my stock VXL-3S Velineon system in my slash 4x4 with the Castle Creations Max Pro Sct Combo/1415-2400Kv Motor, and wanted to know what gears you'd reccomend for speed runs (2400kv). I won't be doing any bashing. Mainly for racing. I won't be racing it at any tracks yet, but in large parking lots and flat pavements. I currently been running my VXL on 3s, 13/54 & 18/54 and it rips pretty nicely but I'm getting tired of it and wanted something a little faster. Maybe a gear combo with higher top end, but good acceleration.

What's on my slasher so far.

1. RPM arms all around.
    2. Proline Streetfighters
    3. aluminum towers rear/front (i think by traxxas)
    4. Traxxas 3S, 11.1V, 5000mAh, 25C "Power Cell"
    5. STRC chassis (not installed yet)
    6. Rulux Wheels by jconcepts on JCONCEPTS G-Locs 2.8" Tire w/Insert (not installed yet).
    7. Pro-Line PowerStroke installed already.
    8. sway bars rear/front

Everything else is stock.

Thanks guys

RC Racer
    Bro get mips at least rear. If not both too. But im new to rc too and just got the 2400. Geared 22/50 now. But before I stripped a 52 spur. With a 22 pinion. I bash and do speed runs to. On 3s its fast. But on a 4s its stupid fast.
    But the reason why I stripped a spur I was running a 4s on the sand with paddles.
    Someone on here has ran a 25 pinion and 50 spur. So I guess the main thing is to watch your temps. I have been doing that. And the hottest I have gotten was 168 motor and 140 abouts esc. On 4s geared 22/52. Speed runs and doing donuts.

Sent from my Samsung NOTE 2.

RC poster
    Thanks gofastandbeatit. I will definitely look into those for rear and front. I noticed they are like $75 each set.....but I can't see not getting them. I like 4s stupid fast, lol

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DSMing91 View Post
    Hi guys, newbie on the forums but a long time lurker. So I'm replacing my stock VXL-3S Velineon system in my slash 4x4 with the Castle Creations Max Pro Sct Combo/1415-2400Kv Motor, and wanted to know what gears you'd reccomend for speed runs (2400kv). I won't be doing any bashing. Mainly for racing. I won't be racing it at any tracks yet, but in large parking lots and flat pavements. I currently been running my VXL on 3s, 13/54 & 18/54 and it rips pretty nicely but I'm getting tired of it and wanted something a little faster. Maybe a gear combo with higher top end, but good acceleration.

What's on my slasher so far.

1. RPM arms all around.
    2. Proline Streetfighters
    3. aluminum towers rear/front (i think by traxxas)
    4. Traxxas 3S, 11.1V, 5000mAh, 25C "Power Cell"
    5. STRC chassis (not installed yet)
    6. Rulux Wheels by jconcepts on JCONCEPTS G-Locs 2.8" Tire w/Insert (not installed yet).
    7. Pro-Line PowerStroke installed already.
    8. sway bars rear/front

Everything else is stock.

Thanks guys
    Yours may look like mine,

I was using this body on it,
    Last edited by Zepher; 03-20-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Racer
    Thanks gofastandbeatit. I will definitely look into those for rear and front. I noticed they are like $75 each set.....but I can't see not getting them. I like 4s stupid fast, lol
    Well you could find them for cheaper. But they are well worth it. Or look into the tekno shafts. On ebay you could get them for around 65 for both front and rear.
    The mips are beefy and for me basher friendly. Like I said I like donuts and gunning my slash from a stop. Seeing all 4 wheel spinning is pretty fun.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post

Ha, that's the same set up. I ordered the Illuzion Scalpel Speed Run Clr Body by jconcepts, lol. The low car look is what I'm looking for with the speed behind it. How do you like the tires? What are your specs?

Thanks

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by gofastandbeatit View Post
    Like I said I like donuts and gunning my slash from a stop. Seeing all 4 wheel spinning is pretty fun.

Yes me too. I'll be getting the MIP's.

RC Champion
    Ha, that's the same set up. I ordered the Illuzion Scalpel Speed Run Clr Body by jconcepts, lol. The low car look is what I'm looking for with the speed behind it. How do you like the tires? What are your specs?

Thanks
    I like the tires a lot, look and handle great, but my car is only geared for maybe 50 with 4S, 17/54 with the MMP and 2400kv motor, so I have no idea how it handles past that.
    I ran them on my Bandit which is geared for 70mph but I don't have extra weight on the front so the car will flip anytime I get past 1/2 throttle.
    The slash 4x4 I have was originally a 104mph car running 6s and a Tekin RX8 2000kv combo.
    My friend got it as a roller and I put it back to 100% stock form for him. I traded a Tekin RX8 2000kv setup for the Slash 4x4 10 days ago and put the GTR body on it last week while I waited for my Raptor body to arrive.

This is what it looked like when I got it,

Most parts and the electronics were only a month old.

My Slash 4x4 looks like this now,
    Last edited by Zepher; 03-20-2013 at 10:20 PM.

RC Competitor
    Yo DSMing
    when did you get your strc chassis?
    I have been checking everyday on that website and they have been out of stock for weeks! + multipul emails and no response!

( zepher dope name! )

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Zepher i did'nt know your into the PF8 club lol. heres mine with the Rally GT8.

| Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

RC Champion
    Ya, I was in the club for a week, lol.
    The nice thing is that it only takes 15 minutes to go from the raptor to the pf8 setup.
    Wheels, front bumper, and body mounts are all I change.

RC poster
    The slash 4x4 I have was originally a 104mph car running 6s and a Tekin RX8 2000kv combo.
    That's what I'm talking about. You wouldn't happen to have any videos would you? That's sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigarelephant View Post
    Yo DSMing
    when did you get your strc chassis?
    I have been checking everyday on that website and they have been out of stock for weeks! + multipul emails and no response!

( zepher dope name! )
    A little over a month ago. They only had the kit in black. I wanted blue but all of the other colors were sold out.

http://www.gonitrohobbies.com/MIP_Re...30_p/10130.htm

That is a site that sells them for $49.99 when they are in stock. I have recommended this site to a great many friends. Great price and fast shipping!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Champion
    That's what I'm talking about. You wouldn't happen to have any videos would you? That's sick.
    It wasn't my car when it ran that speed. I'm the 3rd owner and just recently met the original owner, he may have videos and if he does, I'll see if I can get them.

RC poster
    It wasn't my car when it ran that speed. I'm the 3rd owner and just recently met the original owner, he may have videos and if he does, I'll see if I can get them.

That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    http://www.gonitrohobbies.com/MIP_Re...30_p/10130.htm

That is a site that sells them for $49.99 when they are in stock. I have recommended this site to a great many friends. Great price and fast shipping!

Thanks El Sob. I'll keep checking the site.

RC Competitor

don't those tires balloon up like crazy at 60mph?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sly1types View Post
    don't those tires balloon up like crazy at 60mph?
    i have a taped anaconda and that tire still ballooned up and i'm afraid its going to shread it in pieces at high speed.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |