Thread: SV2 21X2 Orion

RC Champion

SV2 21X2 Orion

Hi every one,
    1. Just wondering how much speed will I get by changing the timing of the motor. I moved it to +, to the maximum. Geared at 23/86.
    2. Also I had a hard time reinserting the brushes and the springs. Is there an easier way.
    3. Is it good to break a modified motor using the water breaking motor.
    4. For the pede what other 550 motors are there that will last longer.
    I love the torque of the 550 but enjoy also the durability of this 540 Orion I have geared it at 26/90 with no problem....so far. I got to buy a temp gun though
    Thanks

RC Champion
    Lokks like no one has used this motor.....? any one

RC Champion
    water break in is fine but it wont be nearly as long as what you should with a silver can like the titan 12t. 30 seconds to a minute at most depending on the brushes and springs.

im really liking the ofna 12t 550's, somewhat similar looking to the titan but imo they are a much better motor, ive been playing with them along side my titan experiments here and there. feels torqueier (technical term ) and much better rpm's and amp draw on the dyno.

as for timing your better off at zero or only a littl bit of advance timing. how you have it set now, amp draw is gonna go through the roof along with temps for not much gain in performance you cant just get with bit more gearing.
    Last edited by SRTracer121; 03-24-2013 at 12:22 PM.
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTracer121 View Post
    as for timing your better off at zero or only a littl bit of advance timing. how you have it set now, amp draw is gonna go through the roof along with temps for not much gain in performance you cant just get with bit more gearing.
    Thanks I will re-set it at 0. At the moment I had set it up two notch after the +.
    Thanks for the advice, I will also check out the OFNA