RC Enthusiast

MasterMax's Traxxas Bandit

Hey fellas, My name is Max and i live in Australia and this is my Bandit thread.

Okay for starters my bandit was the original Traxxas Bandit which came out in 1995 with the MSC (Mechanical Speed Controller) and a 20-Turn Stinger brushed motor, I purchased it in 2005 for $250. This is what it looked like:

When i first began using it ( i was 11 or something) i thought it was too fast, lol. But compared to today its a turtle verse a Nissan GTR

I didnt use the bandit for like 3 years as my old charger could only charge off a car battery and i was too young to do it myself so i just never really used it. But that all changed about half a year ago when i brought it back out after watching a video by Djmedic on Youtube. So ill show you pictures as it has progressed c: enjoy! i will be updating this thread whenever i receive new parts.

Stach35: www.youtube.com/user/StachR34
    DarkEclipticHeart: www.youtube.com/user/darkeclipticheart

These two men ^^^ have been Massive influences and Great helpers!

Now pictures! okay so this is it bone stock with just a purple paint job which i accidently did on the outside because i was a newb! haha

okay now this is todays paintjob first without stickers than with stickers.. tell me which one you prefer

no stickers just body:

No stickers on car:

sorry for them being dark :/ i need a better place to take pictures

eugh im having trouble getting a decent photo with my new stickers and the car and i dont want to post one that looks horrible as it dosnt give it justice... ill post a picture tommorow in natural light and ill post all the modifications i've done. Stay tuned

RC Qualifier
    That body is awesome even without the stickers.

RC Competitor
    Agreed, I like the sleekness of it, and the blue goes perfectly

RC Enthusiast
    okay i took some pictures with stickers in the sunlight today C: hope you like

Tommorow im getting a wheelie bar and lots of other stuff so ill post more pictures later c:

RC Racer
    Looks very nice MM!, SMOOTH! is how id describe the paint job youve done there, very smooth!, I likes! .

Love what youre doing and look forward to seeing it progress!, Bandits rule btw

Stach
    PHOENIX Bandit,Summit,Funny Car,Darkrayne Rustler

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stach35 View Post
    Looks very nice MM!, SMOOTH! is how id describe the paint job youve done there, very smooth!, I likes! .

Love what youre doing and look forward to seeing it progress!, Bandits rule btw

Stach
    haha thanks Stach.. ill take another picture tommorow with the wheelie bar, metal turnbuckles and new axle carriers c:

RC Qualifier
    I like your colors. The wing is cool to. Great looking bandit. Good job man!

Sent from Oser world

RC Competitor
    Great looking bandit! I really like the colors you've chosen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

RC Enthusiast
    Alright so not a whole lot has happened to my bandit except a few aesthetic changes. I have also purchased a 3s battery which is amazing and some white 5 spoke rims. I have it set up to race atm so it is rather high.... it looks sleeker when super low

Basher body:
    Race/Nice body:

I made the rims black and got white springs etc

Remote with new white rims. The rims didn't have a name and they are terrible but they look nice :P.

Inside shot with all electronics placed on opposite side of motor to have better weight transfer...

3s battery! best $30 i have spent on an RC. This $60 motor combo flies with a 3s and can wheelie on demand.

Spare parts! i nearly have enough to make the whole frame of another bandit/rustler. The grey parts came from a youtube giveaway run buy Stach35. c:
    Traxxas Bandit Babe ^-^

RC Enthusiast
    I was going to make an LED light kit for it but the battery pack is really heavy for an rc and i dont think i will go through with it anymore :/. It costed $19 for the battery pack + 4 AA's + 4 white bright LEDs+ 2 Blue bright LEDS+ LED holders +wire+shrink tube at autobarn.

Thanks for reading
    Traxxas Bandit Babe ^-^

RC Qualifier
    You pretty much have the same electronics that I do in my Bandit Your new shell is absolutely beautiful! Well done with the paint job.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cunawarit View Post
    You pretty much have the same electronics that I do in my Bandit Your new shell is absolutely beautiful! Well done with the paint job.
    Thanks man! you are the one that influenced me to go try race it haha and yeah that paint job took like 3 hours to do/dry and it was my first attempt and i liked how it turned out too
    Traxxas Bandit Babe ^-^

RC Qualifier
    Looks good man. Your paint job looks really good. What paint did you use for the black part? It looks metallic of some sort. You can get different LED's that run off of a 9v battery or ones that plug right into an extra slot in your rx.

RC Enthusiast
    +1 on the paintjob, looks really good.

$60 motor combo with the esc? what motor is it?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltim0re28 View Post
    Looks good man. Your paint job looks really good. What paint did you use for the black part? It looks metallic of some sort. You can get different LED's that run off of a 9v battery or ones that plug right into an extra slot in your rx.
    Um ill check the name of the black tommorow C: and thanks man
    Traxxas Bandit Babe ^-^

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Holmzy90 View Post
    +1 on the paintjob, looks really good.

$60 motor combo with the esc? what motor is it?
    Thanks man! and the motor combo is this
    http://www.rcecho.com/LEOPARD-SKYRC-...mbo-ME720.html
    Traxxas Bandit Babe ^-^

RC Qualifier
    Do you have a set of springs of different spring rates? You will need that for racing

And I'm flattered that I've inspired someone to try racing their Bandit
    Last edited by cunawarit; 09-13-2013 at 12:29 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cunawarit View Post
    Do you have a set of springs of different spring rates? You will need that for racing

And I'm flattered that I've inspired someone to try racing their Bandit
    That was going to be my next purchase I cant seem to find any though? can you give me a link to the ones that you have with all the different colours?
    Traxxas Bandit Babe ^-^

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltim0re28 View Post
    The paint brand is RC Car colours and the actual paint is RCC Metalic Black 935
    Traxxas Bandit Babe ^-^

RC Qualifier
    Thanks! I might have to grab a can and try it.

RC Enthusiast
    Painted the white rims gloss black and put new dirt hawg tires on all 4. I wish i had taken pictures before i took it for a run as the rims got all dusty :C but i doubt you can see it because i'm using a low quality iPod camera. I also lowered it a bit with the fuel line in the springs method . I like the new thickness of the front rims and the tires.

The stock wing feels really flimsy... anybody know another wing which could be modified to work?
    Traxxas Bandit Babe ^-^

RC Champion
    Wow that look really good with those dirt hawgs. The body looks great too
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterMax144 View Post
    Remote with new white rims. The rims didn't have a name and they are terrible but they look nice :P.
    c:
    Do you have any clue what the wheels are? I really like them!

RC poster
    Thanks man! and the motor combo is this
    http://www.rcecho.com/LEOPARD-SKYRC-...mbo-ME720.html
    How do you like the motor and esc? What gearing are you using?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinxty View Post
    Do you have any clue what the wheels are? I really like them!
    Hey man those rims are : http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Set-of-wh...f94f132&_uhb=1
    thats with road tires or :http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Set-of-wh...4c72d27&_uhb=1
    or:http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5-Spoke-Y...5b7e814&_uhb=1
    there are tons of other rims just search up on ebay: 1/10 buggy rims
    Traxxas Bandit Babe ^-^

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jereemk View Post
    How do you like the motor and esc? What gearing are you using?
    The motor combo imo is amazing for $60 man. Plenty of speed and can easily wheelie on demand with a 3s. Its perfect for vehicles such as Rustlers and Bandits. On a 2s battery it is okay but i highly recommend using a 3s. I havnt had any problems yet and ive had it for a year and i have no idea what my gearing is... its still the stock spur and pinion gears since i first got it. The slipper clutch is still the old style with the like metal pads and spring thingie.
    Traxxas Bandit Babe ^-^

RC Competitor
    The motor combo imo is amazing for $60 man. Plenty of speed and can easily wheelie on demand with a 3s. Its perfect for vehicles such as Rustlers and Bandits. On a 2s battery it is okay but i highly recommend using a 3s. I havnt had any problems yet and ive had it for a year and i have no idea what my gearing is... its still the stock spur and pinion gears since i first got it. The slipper clutch is still the old style with the like metal pads and spring thingie.
    Does it work with 7 cell NiMH batteries?

Bandit/Rustler VXL Conversion - "Don't act like you're not impressed!"