RC Racer

opinions on the Vantage Racing carbon fiber chassis.

Very interested in this..are they worth it?

http://www.vantageracing.com/site/v2-products.html

RC Qualifier
    ok, I have had a Vantage chassis and loved it... I also used carbon fibre battery and throttle servo mounts and it looked great.. was going to build an eye catcher but decided that an Erevo mamba monster should look even better sitting next to my other trucks so sold the chassis to fund the ERBE.... the right choice in my mind and would do again.

didnt really answer the question but I didnt use it in the end and dont race so It would be unfair for me to judge.

RC Champion
    you will need to brace the chassis by those 2 tabs.. one is the tank mount and the other the radio tray... get a brace bwteen those two and you will have a good chassis...
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Racer
    How do u recommend I brace them? You are talking about the 2 tabs on the right side of the chassis more towards the rear

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    a piece of aluminum or carbon fiber across between the two holes.. should be fine.. vantage made a armor kit for it that had a brace..

on the website you will see what im talking about..its right there in the link you provided.. (the brace that is) so you can get an idea of how to brace it

RC Competitor
    Wow this chassis is sweet. I may have to think about this and may have to have it. I will have to reaearch it more. Is the carbon fiber chassis stronger then the stock 3.3 chassis?

RC poster
    I want one of these in the worst way. Where can you buy them? Also how much longer does it make the wheelbase?

RC Champion
    its the same as the 3.3.. but the servo is more up front and gives more weight to the front which helps with steering response, when racing..

RC Racer
    I believe the package I posted in the link comes with the armor and the extended drive shafts

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    well you are good.. its a really good chassis..

i have a complete revo sitting on my shelf with this chassis.. practically brand new

Last edited by kgombe1; 03-26-2013 at 07:41 AM.