Thread: New Shoes

New Shoes

The G-Locs have treated me well but they were getting pretty worn and were just a little small. I wanted something just a little bigger but not Monster Truck sized and something with a little more aggressive looking tread. Only tire I found that seemed to fit what I wanted was the ProLine 2.8" Dirt Hawg, I mounted them up on some Desperado rims I had. Hopefully they will wear a little better than the old 2.2" Dirt Hawgs I had on my Rusty did back a few years ago

BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

I had a set of those for christmas off my wife and i am still not sure to try them or sell them. so please after you have given them a test can you give them a review for me me pls dad........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

The 2.2 Dirt Hawgs were one of my least favorite Pro-Line tires. I hope like with most things they improved the current generation. They certainly look great on the 2.8" 'Dos.
    Alt-241 on the number pad =

Yeah I will post up my thoughts after I get a few packs on them. From my previous experience with the 2.2" version they got good traction and handled decent on most surfaces oddly enough they did the worst on dirt. The real issue I had with them was they did not last very long. I have seen people say this version lasts better,,,time will tell
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

I do love my trenchers but with the motor and esc combo i have it helps the centrifugal weight of the tyre expanding strip the 12mm hexs every few weeks so i thought as the dirt hawgs are smaller and look lighter it may happen less...peace

RC Qualifier
    When PL came out with there 2.8 line of tires, I was surprised that the DH was included. If only they made the center lug horizontal I feel that would help with forward bite, as side bite was good in the 2.2 I ran in my 2wd. I do understand your reasoning for a smaller sidewall. Link is so members can get a better look at the tread.

http://prolineracing.com/tires/dirt-...k-rear-wheels/
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

Thanks for the heads up dudes i will pop them on when the weather gets better......peace

I ran a couple of packs today and so far am very pleased with the Dirt Hawgs. Traction was good on pavement and in the grass and so was the handling. Only question left in my mind is how well they will wear and only some more time and lot more running will answer that for me.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

Thanks dad for the mini review i am going to give them a go in the summer because they are smaller and weight less and dont balloon as much as my trenchers so it may be like dropping a tooth on the gear ....peace

RC Qualifier
    I use my dirt hogs on the street mostly.. they have bad traction on dirt... on dirt it's all about the trenchers... but they are heavy.

Thanks of the heads up peelin out i do want a smaller tyre and i do go on road now and again....peace

RC Qualifier
    Did you tape them? Any ballooning?

I am going to run them untaped for off road and i like the pizza cutter look......peace

I did not tape them, they balloon some but not very much or enough to be an issue IMO.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

Thats good to know dad i am now looking forward to use these as my summer setup.....peace