RC Competitor

Funny noise from motor??

Should the motor be making that high pitch noise when it gets up to a certain speed?
    I don't remember it making that sound before???
    I hope I didn't break anything on the inside of the motor.
    MMP 4600KV Rustler
    Dirt>Street

RC Champion
    Sounds like the bearings are going out . jmo . try putting a little lube on the bearing an if it goes away it's bearing .
    1 Rusty VXL

That is a brand new motor I doubt the bearings are bad. Keep reving it up with no load on it and it is going to be trash though. Great way to blow up the rotor and put excessive wear on the bearings.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    That is a brand new motor I doubt the bearings are bad. Keep reving it up with no load on it and it is going to be trash though. Great way to blow up the rotor and put excessive wear on the bearings.
    Even tho its a brand new motor is it possible I broke something??? I don't remember it making that sound?
    Oh trust me I don't do that, that was just for the video.
    I have also been bashing everyday since I got that motor atlest 10 batteries a day and a need a new set of tires already.
    MMP 4600KV Rustler
    Dirt>Street

Why do you think there's something wrong? It sounds like something ATTACHED to it is vibrating. And my Viper booklet says to not run the motor freestyle.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Why do you think there's something wrong? It sounds like something ATTACHED to it is vibrating. And my Viper booklet says to not run the motor freestyle.
    I think something is wrong with it because I don't remember it making that sound.
    It just sounds like something scraping the side of the motor or something.
    I know the one sound is normal but the other sound that you can hear really loud I don't know if it should be doing that?

SO it should be making that sound??

I know not to run it with no load on it, but everything was taken a part and wanted to make sure nothing was broken.This was ran with no load just for the video.
    Last edited by slowpokerodriguez; 03-22-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    MMP 4600KV Rustler
    Dirt>Street

Motors always sound different when you run them with no load. Put it back in the car and run it with the normal load and I bet you wont hear the odd sound.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    did it make that sound with the motor out before or did you hear it while it was in?

castle 4600kv motor? which mounting screws are you using?
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 03-22-2013 at 12:10 PM.

RC Competitor
    4600KV yes and the mounting screw that came with it.
    Alright thanks dad and og and others for the info, once I go to the LHS and get some parts ill try that.
    MMP 4600KV Rustler
    Dirt>Street

RC poster
    I just had to rebuild the velineon motor on my Slash, my guesstimate is probably 20-30 batteries run through it before failure. check for play/shavings/debris on rotor, if unsure, you tube velineon rebuild on you tube. good videos out there. At a minimum I would open on the motor to inspect the guts. I have a private track too, so my RCs run in ideal conditions. I don't bash. FYI 2s only in my case.