RC poster

help my maxx 2.5

first off my tank had a crack so i bought a new one new ez start wires new wand still doesnt light up for glow plug so i bought a glow ignitor the motor turns over but wont start and fuel is comming out of the tuned pipe and im trying to figure out why so if any one knows a fix for this please reply i want to get it running.

RC Racer
    Is your glow plug bad?
    Is the new EZ start wiring grounded properly to the motor?
    What is the weather temperature?

Those are the first things that pop into my head.

If it's cold outside try warming the motor with a hair dryer first.
    T-Maxx 3.3/E-Maxx/30th Digger/1:10 Summit/Rustler

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxed out Throttle View Post
    Is your glow plug bad?
    Is the new EZ start wiring grounded properly to the motor?
    What is the weather temperature?

Those are the first things that pop into my head.

If it's cold outside try warming the motor with a hair dryer first.
    Yup thats what comes in to my mine, the ground will not let it start or glow plug and if you have those what about your ex start battery??

Since you bought a glow ignitor you can get rid of the blue and yellow wires. The red and black are for the starter motor.
    Remove the glow plug and test it in the ignitor to verify it glows brightly.
    Engines need four components to run: air, fuel (the right mixture), compression and glow. Confirm you have each and you'll be set.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    ok im fallen91 forgot my login info lol but i got it started. but now the transmission is messing up it had a stripped primary gear i replaced it but the truck still wont move forward it just sits still and revs i have taken it apart and followed the exploded diagram everything is in correctly but still wont move anything u guys suggest i look for??

RC Qualifier
    Ok dude, sounds like you got it running huh. Cool. Make sure the forward/ reverse servo is pushing the slide rod all the way into the transmission to engage forward, if it has the reverse setup? They do sometimes hang in neutral. Pulling all the way out (forward) is reverse. Now if you're still having issues, these are some things you'll want to check in the transmission if you have the black one.
    Large version of image below http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/893/transjl.png
    PDF exploded view of black 4910 trans http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...ar-pro15_0.pdf
    Last edited by Oldrcguy; 03-22-2013 at 09:10 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Worst case scenario is you buy a new tans for $48 bucks, mount it and go run.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRAXXAS-4910...item20d07d858d