RC Enthusiast

Classic t-maxx suspension tunning

I've always felt like the suspension on my .15 t-maxx was really soft. Its got the big bore upgrade and it always sags and loves to bottom out. I have the clips used to raise ride hight but having 8 (2 per shock) of the largest ones installed to acheive a good height seems over kill. So how do u guys have ur suspension set up. What oil weight and spings do u use?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    Latitude:N 37 15' 47.0002" Longitude:W 115 47' 34.8713"
    if your using the springs that came with the big bores thats your problem, they are the most awful springs i have ever seen in my life for the application they were made for.....

when i bought the big bores out of the box i put my integy springs and 50w oil into them, instantly perfect shock setup...
    Traxxas is good, but so are other Manus

RC Competitor
    I also did the big bore upgrade and instantly got rid of the stock spings. I went with 45wt and rc raven dual rate springs. Great ride height and very responsive. Integy springs are also nice for the big bores.

RC Qualifier
    That's an awful lot of preload on there. Yeah, the integy spring kit has good springs, or the rc raven ones are really good too (just search t Maxx spring on ebay and look around, in the description it will say rc raven). If you want a better ride height, change the shock mount positions on the a arms and shock towers. More vertical is higher ride height, more horizontal means lower ride height.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok kool. New suspension setup will be nice for this thing. I'm not sure what weight oil is in them. Just wat ever comes in the big bore kit. The dual rate springs sound cool so ill prolly get some of them. Thanks for all the helpfull input guys!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by lowrider2962 View Post
    Ok kool. New suspension setup will be nice for this thing. I'm not sure what weight oil is in them. Just wat ever comes in the big bore kit. The dual rate springs sound cool so ill prolly get some of them. Thanks for all the helpfull input guys!

generally 30 to 35w oil comes stock in them and it was definitely sub-par for most applications, esp for me a basher...

RC Qualifier
    I am running 60wt oil in both of maxx's. One has the the white traxxas progressive springs, works good. The other has integy springs, just kinda played with them to find ones that I liked. I don't bottom out very often. You just have to play around and see what you like.
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec

RC Qualifier
    I have the BB's with RCraven dual rate springs and 50wt oil. I can almost guarantee
    you wont bottom out with this combination. Ride height is a bit too high
    for my liking but it's perfect for bashing. You wont need pre load spacers.
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroTrout View Post
    I have the BB's with RCraven dual rate springs and 50wt oil. I can almost guarantee
    you wont bottom out with this combination. Ride height is a bit too high
    for my liking but it's perfect for bashing. You wont need pre load spacers.
    same here with my big bores/integy springs/50w oil i have to drop my truck from like 2.5 to 3ft before it bottoms out...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kuskye25 View Post
    same here with my big bores/integy springs/50w oil i have to drop my truck from like 2.5 to 3ft before it bottoms out...
    Think I'm gonna try the Integy spring assortment next with this particular model.
    Theres only two ride height adjustments top and bottom on the Pro .15.
    Its just a matter of finding the right combo to lower her down a smidge with all those
    springs supplied.
    40 springs for less than 40 bucks, cant go wrong with that.
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..