RC Racer

Opinions on the nitro slash..

I am thinking about getting out some of the other hobbies i have And Buy a nitro slash to add to my growing rc collection ... What are the opinions on it?

RC Enthusiast
    Go for it, I don't know that you will be overall impressed from the truck. There is nothing really special about it other than its supppper fast, supper durable, and easy to work on.. Thats why I got it, and I have loved it!!! But it doesnt have the TQI radio, it doesn't have waterproof servos, or 4WD but it does have the 3.3 engine. I have had the truck for about 2 months now and have loved it! I have only broken an a-arm because I flipped it into a brick wall going like 35 MPH

Read my reviews and you can further your decision

Good Luck!

RC Racer
    I already have t maxx 3.3 and a 1/10th grave digger(for my son) the t maxx is a great basher but i kinda want something thats lower to the ground and with less parts to destroy.. The more i do research the more i am getting my mine set

RC Racer
    only 1 persons opinion?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroPower03 View Post
    Go for it, I don't know that you will be overall impressed from the truck. There is nothing really special about it other than its supppper fast, supper durable, and easy to work on.. Thats why I got it, and I have loved it!!! But it doesnt have the TQI radio, it doesn't have waterproof servos, or 4WD but it does have the 3.3 engine. I have had the truck for about 2 months now and have loved it! I have only broken an a-arm because I flipped it into a brick wall going like 35 MPH

Read my reviews and you can further your decision

Good Luck!
    The nitro slayer is basically a nitro slash 4wd, I don't have the nitro slash yet but I'm working on selling my slash brushlees and picking up the nitro

RC Racer
    Those two trucks aren't even close to being comparable. You have a slayer or slash 4x4? The slayers suspension and drivetrain are nothing like the new nitro slash. Not being a jerk that's just very misleading.

My thoughts on the new nitro slash, just way to much motor for 2wd. Its a cool idea but it doesn't need the 3.3. The 3.3 is almost too much for the slayer and that things just a tank with 4wd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Madd802 View Post
    only 1 persons opinion?
    Yea this section of the forum seems pretty dead coming from the electric slash thread it's nothing but help on there, as far as the nitro side little help if any

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911kevin View Post
    Those two trucks aren't even close to being comparable. You have a slayer or nitro slash? The slayers suspension and drivetrain are nothing like the new nitro slash. Not being a jerk that's just very misleading.

My thoughts on the new nitro slash, just way to much motor for 2wd. Its a cool idea but it doesn't need the 3.3. The 3.3 is almost too much for the slayer and that things just a tank with 4wd.

I'm just referring to him saying it's not a 4wd and if he wants a 4wd the prices are no more then 150$ apart and that's normal for 2wd and 4wd r/cs sorry if my words didn't come out right, and as far as the 3.3 being too much for the 2wd IMO there's nothing wrong with it as long as the driver has throttle control and overall skill, I'm not saying your a bad driver or can handle it but that's just my opinion, I'd rather have the power there when needed it's not like the throttles going to be tapped and the trucks going to take off like a rocket

RC Racer
    i appreciate the help guys.. I am experienced driver enough to handle this beast(I Hope)

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911kevin View Post
    Those two trucks aren't even close to being comparable. You have a slayer or slash 4x4? The slayers suspension and drivetrain are nothing like the new nitro slash. Not being a jerk that's just very misleading.

These trucks are comparable..... Its just the way you look at it... Multiple people are going to look at these trucks as Short Course trucks..... Not by their drivetrain. You are defiantly right.... The slayer and slash are two completely different trucks. But many people walk into hobby shops seeing a 4WD truck and 2WD truck..... AND COMPARE THEM. For instance.... price, simplicity of the drivetrain, durability, quality, looks, and performance. Slash has a better price, Slash has a simpler drivetrain, they are both durable(but slash has less parts to break), same quality, same looks (except for size), and they both perform well. So not to be a jerk but these two trucks are very "comparable".

I have the Nitro Slash and 3.3 probably is too much motor, BUT THATS WHAT MAKES IT FUN!!! You just got to make adjustments in your driving.

RC Enthusiast
    I already have t maxx 3.3 and a 1/10th grave digger(for my son) the t maxx is a great basher but i kinda want something thats lower to the ground and with less parts to destroy.. The more i do research the more i am getting my mine set

Ive been out of the game for a while. But my friend got the T-Maxx 3.3 and I had to get back into it! I wanted something new, but wasn't going to put a huge hole in my pocket! I did a lot of research and decided the Slash was the most "economical" decision to go with and still have a blast!
    Last edited by NitroPower03; 03-21-2013 at 08:57 PM.

RC Competitor
    Slayer pro 4x4 is the same setup as revo, but 160$ less. Slash 2wd nitro is basically the rustler with bigger tires. Trust me, go with the slayer. It is an excellent truck for the price, you won't be diss appointed.

RC poster
    True. The Slayer is basicly a Revo, short course style. I have even swapped the electronics box and servo boxes over to the Revo ones. I think the 2wd Slash has the apeal of simplicity...Single speed tranny huge engine and a light weight. I want one. From the 3 electric Slashes I own this thing is gonna be be indestructable. The Slayer is big and heavy. In my short time with it the weight is a factor. Its hits very hard. The Slash to me would seem to be able to take the hit much better...IMO
    If it dont work, kick it as hard as you can.

RC Champion
    I would have to say go with the N slash over the slayer. I have both, sorta. I have the Slayer. Since converted to a MT.

And I built a Nitro Rustler with an extended wheelbase to meet the same wheelbase as the E Slash 2x4.

This was built a long time before the N.Slash came out. I called it the Slutsler. Vids can be seen on youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=hBvGH0gd2Yc
    With a good set of tires and an expierenced driver a N slash will tear up a slayer.

^^^ Are those imex j-7 2.8s?
    Whats in my wallet?
    I cant afford a wallet...

RC Enthusiast
    I believe the Nitro Slash has a larger fuel tank as well. I love mine. It makes me giggle like a little girl sometimes.

RC Champion
    Made a few changes to the above posted car. Cant have the N.Slash getting one up on me.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    ^^^ Are those imex j-7 2.8s?
    On the Slayer? If so, YES. I was using 12mm techno hubs for 6mm shafts.