Thread: TQi Mod

RC Competitor

TQi Mod

I am sure someone has asked but, I am wondering if I can just put a toggle on my two channel TQI to operate my cooling fans?

RC Champion
    I don't think it's been done on the TQi..... yet.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

You would have to have an open channel and an Rx switch to control the fans.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    I have 3 open channels on the receiver just no switch to control the open channels

You would need the open channels on the controller, not the receiver.
    You can plug into any open channel on the receiver to power up your fans though.

RC Qualifier
    I am actually trying to transform my 2 channel TQi in a 4 channel one... it looks like it is possible, i have voltage at those soldertab on the tx board! I'll keep you informed of the results!

Cheers!
    Summit RX8/1550kv-Slash4x4 MM2/2400kv Twin-V Merv.

RC Champion
    the TQI can not be opened into a larger channel radio. The old 2.4 HO had a circuit board that would accommodate up to 5 channels. The new TQi 2 channel is build for 2 channels only and can not be expanded. The 3 channel is build for 3 and can not be expanded.

I have been down this road - found all the road signs, sites, tourist traps and road kill.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    the TQI can not be opened into a larger channel radio. The old 2.4 HO had a circuit board that would accommodate up to 5 channels. The new TQi 2 channel is build for 2 channels only and can not be expanded. The 3 channel is build for 3 and can not be expanded.

I have been down this road - found all the road signs, sites, tourist traps and road kill.
    Well, i just hit the wall at the end of the road you mentionned "Redsawacs", the current is there, but the program on the chipset is not taking charge of ch3, 4 and 5. So it's not possible. But at least, now, i'm sure of it!
    Summit RX8/1550kv-Slash4x4 MM2/2400kv Twin-V Merv.

RC Champion
    i even talked to a computer programming friend of mine to see if it could be changed. he said, it didnt look like it unless the hardware was altered.

I just have to take his word for it....I'm a mechanical freak - he is the computer nerd! LOL

RC poster

Question Power up juste the tx ?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post

Can one power up just the tx then ?

We seem to already have the proper rx installed, if that part of the documentation is right. I have a 3903 E-Maxx just recently purchased new. I did not open to confirm proper rx is already in.

All Traxxas receivers are the same... in other words they are not locked to be only 2 channel, only 3 channel, ect. TQi and LINK will work with each other. But you would need the TQi if you want telemetry.