RC Qualifier

Question for any Car Audio-philes out there???

I wanted to know would it be possible to put a 3.5mm jack on a pair of rockford fostgate speakers? For instance to use them on your computer!!! Or has external speakers for something else.

How would you go about wiring this up?
    Would you need a 12-volt battery and an amp to make it work or no?

Could you provide me a digaram of how to do so I would like to buy some of your speakers and I like to Tinker around.
    "A good engine, is worth the price of ignition"

RC Competitor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my3KHrITUGI
    Check out how this is wired
    To play the speakers ypu will need an amp. I'd reccommend the lepai 2020 of amazon for 25$
    if a truck isnt dirty it isnt loved

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by solly98 View Post
    Check out how this is wired
    To play the speakers ypu will need an amp. I'd reccommend the lepai 2020 of amazon for 25$

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00004...110_SY165_QL70

Not 100% familiar with how home audio amps hookup but of they are like car audio just plug that into the tower/audio jack and connect the RCA's.

RC Qualifier
    I also would like to know which American-Made car has the best and highest watt stock audio/sound system?
    Thanks in advance

RC Competitor
    Can't help you on that, I drive a Honda lol

RC poster
    You're gonna have to use an amplifier to power those Rockford speakers. The issue is that anything you use with a 3.5mm jack won't put out nearly enough to power to power the speakers. You might be able to get a tiny bit of sound out of them, but nothing that would actually be practical to use for listening to music.

Since it sounds like you'll be using them in your house, I'd recommend finding a full range amplifier to run them off. I'm not nearly as well versed in home audio as I am in car audio, so unfortunately I won't be of much help to you there.

If you want to try running a 12 volt system inside with a car amp, you will need some way of converting the 120 Volts AC from your wall socket to 12-14 Volts DC for the amp. One way people do this is by using one or more computer power supplies to power the amp. Here's a couple things to read if you wanna go this route:

How to wire up the PSU

Tutorial on how to modify a PSU to put out 13.8v

As far as which car has the best stock system, I couldn't tell ya. But if you have any questions about aftermarket car audio, I'm all ears!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DaTMaxx View Post
    I also would like to know which American-Made car has the best and highest watt stock audio/sound system?
    Thanks in advance
    I know the best foregioen OEM audio is in the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution with the with it available 710-watt 9-speaker rockford fostgate system....... But I would like to know what american vechile has the best OEM audio?

I can tell you that the 3.5mm audio jack can not be driven over 10 watts.... IT can not handle the amount of power those speakers you have... 3.5mm jacks are for low wattage applications, computer speakers that are amplified are amplifying the signal AFTER the 3.5mm jack connection. Hence why they can have more than 10 watts at the speakers.
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC poster
    After doing a little browsing around, it looks like the 2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 is gonna be one of the best bets for highest power sound system. The stock Harmon Kardon System puts out 900 watts.