RC Enthusiast

Waterproofed esc, now beeping is faint

Where is the speaker on the esc? I can see what's wrong

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    The ESC actually doesn't make the beeps. The ESC vibrates the motor windings and it's used like a speaker. The motor is where the sound comes from. I would think that waterproofing the ESC shouldn't make the beeps fainter.
    I did notice if my gear train had some force against the spur that the beeps were more faint. I could move the truck back and forth and the beeps would get louder and then more faint. If you adjusted your spur that might have made it sound different.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    The ESC actually doesn't make the beeps. The ESC vibrates the motor windings and it's used like a speaker. The motor is where the sound comes from. I would think that waterproofing the ESC shouldn't make the beeps fainter.
    I did notice if my gear train had some force against the spur that the beeps were more faint. I could move the truck back and forth and the beeps would get louder and then more faint. If you adjusted your spur that might have made it sound different.
    Thank you so much, it must have been because I didn't have the motor hooked up. If I had money I would donate to you for that. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    LD, you are correct. The waterproofing has no effect on the motor's arming tones.