RC poster

Noob quiestion about Bullet Nuts.

I was just wonder what is the purpose of a bullet nut? Would it be safe to use one on a stock Spartan? Would you guys recommend upgrading to a bullet nut? Please help.

RC Qualifier
    They make the water flow more efficient through the prop. And they look cool. Make sure to use a locking nut in front of the bullet nut and blue loctite so you do not loose your prop.

RC Qualifier
    I second on SJS, with a bullet nut the prop. will make a tornado effect so it will be more efficient for your motor to rotate with less effort once the boat on plane, with the normal nut the water will go on edges of the props. Which will put some force to the motor to work more.
    Some were commenting on the bullet nut which they say its useless?! I ask those experience Spartaner's to share what they know and the real thing about the Bullet Nut.
    ( this is base on my own experience)
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Champion
    I believe the theory is that it does not help a surface prop such as with a Spartan but does help on a submerged prop.

I recall reading that on the OSE forum a few years ago....

I do use a bullet nut cause it looks great !!!! And in my mind it goes faster, so if ya think it, it must be so

I use a jam nut (very thin) instead of a locking nylon nut up against the bullet nut.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Competitor
    This doesn't apply as much to the Spartan since it does have a stand off rudder, but on boats with inline rudders, a bullet nut will reduce the amount of prop wash, so your rudder will be cutting into thicker water, leading to better turning.

Orca you are correct in saying that Bullet nuts are more effective on submerged props. This is because a submerged prop is under the boat, and the lower prop makes ALL of the rudder exposed to prop wash, as opposed to a surface prop, which has only the top 1/2 or so of the rudder cutting through prop wash because the prop wash doesn't go so far down on a surface drive.