RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar

A new Summit addition to the family and some pics of it with my little girls rig.

I built my oldest daughter (She's 2) a Mini summit a few months ago. It started as a VXL but I swapped everything over to a lower powered brushed setup. Its got an Electrifly S-600 motor and I chose an HPI Flux (Castle SV3) ESC because its waterproof AND I can use Castle link to limit forward power. Its set to about %30 right now and its perfect for her in the house. Ive also limited reverse to %25. I got an Exotec Commando body and painted it up in a metal flake Rust red color. She actually knows what the controls on the radio do, her hands just arent big enough to hold it. The final upgrade on this truck was a set of LEDs for the front and rear bumpers.

After I finished her truck I realized, hey, I dont have anything to run with her in the house. So I started building myself another 1/16 Summit. Again, didnt want a brushless setup so I went with another Electrifly S-600 and a waterproof XL5 ESC with LVD. Painted up another Exotec Commando body for mine and I have the LEDs to go into the bumpers but they arent installed yet. I finished it off with a set of Traxxas Canyon tires and Proline 2.2 Desperados. Heres some pics of both.

The Team:

Calis ride:

My new ride:

Just wanted to show off the family. No other upgrades to either at the moment. Non are needed IMO. Im SUPER impressed with power of the brushed setup. A VXL is definitely faster but in terms of useable power the Electrifly S-600 is amazing. Especially on 2S lipo in my truck. The little ladies truck just runs NIMH for now.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Love it Pave, cant beat the look of a brand new rc not a trace of dirt on them!!! Very Nice
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    A few thoughts.
    First, youll notice all the black on the Green/black summit is flat. Its a flat clear from Pactra. Works great. You spray it on the outside and its actually quite durable. I used an exacto knife to cut the clear overspray film around anything I didnt want to be flat, sprayed the flat then removed the rest of the overspray film... kindof like an external paint mask.

I wish id continued the green strip around the back of the body under the rear window. 20/20 hindsight. Oh well.

Im going to tint the windows on the green/black one. It needs it. I didnt want to go black but I think the tint would look good.

The red truck started out life as a new mini digger. I added all the parts to make it 4X4 and swapped the red links from the other truck. The green one started out life as a used MERV that I stripped down and rebuilt from the ground up. After id sold all the revo parts from it i had $20 in the chassis. Not bad as a starting point. Total invested at this point is under $200 including the light kit but not including my Airtronics RX.

Thanks for the comment Timber. These ones probably wont see the outdoors until the little one can grip the radio enough to run it on her own. Till then, they are inside only trucks.
    Last edited by pavmentsurfer; 03-19-2013 at 07:41 PM.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    I didn't notice the flat I do now that you pointed it out I like it, and I think it looks sweet without the green stripe on the back and window tint would look cool, maybe a translucent green? either way you did a heck of a job on them and the paint, I like the hummer bodies too
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Champion
    Those both look sweet.
    My daughter(she's 13) has a Brushed Fiesta that she runs in the house with drift tires on it.
    Outside she plays with either my Merv or KB Rally.
    I'm planning on putting a Element(or Castle S3) brushless BB setup in my KB and going to swap the Velineon Brushless system into her Fiesta.
    I have a Boss 302 body here for hers that's going to be painted bright orange and black(her choice).

Lately she's been playing more with my H911 helicopter that I got a couple weeks ago. Shes actually fying it as good if not better than I can.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Champion
    To cool. Got my 3 year old a rusty but she wants a summit like dad so gonna get her the mini. Hehe

RC Champion
    My son wants me to get a Rustler so we can race against each other with similar machines.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    Nice paint work pave. I like that flat black, and the green in between just kinda sets if off. I like that rust red also. No dora theme for your daughter though. lol
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec