RC poster

12800mah batteries

Anyone running these in their Spartan.

I had them for a few weeks but had to sell my boat so really never got to fully test them out.

New boat on the way and considering these beasts again.

RC Qualifier
    I wouldn't run that high of mah in anything stick to 5000 mah give stuff a break from running while you change them heck of alot cheaper to!
    Slash rocks!!!

RC Enthusiast
    I just bought a spartan and I am running traxxas 3000mah
    Out of the box, my boat last's about 5 min flat out then
    Slows down heeps.
    WHY?

RC Qualifier
    Low Voltage indicator you need to charge your batts, I think your using the NIMH right?
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by magic round about View Post
    I just bought a spartan and I am running traxxas 3000mah
    Out of the box, my boat last's about 5 min flat out then
    Slows down heeps.
    WHY?
    Like Edgemoulic stated, you are probably using the factory supplied 3000mah Nimh batteries and 5 min at WOT is about all you'll get... They also should have been pretty warm at the end of your run?

And I do not know too many people still using Nimh batts in a Spartan.....Your speeds were most likely in the mid to hi 20's and if you have or can purchase a couple of 2s lipo's your boating experience should greatly improve.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    ok i have a question i have 4 spc 2s 8200 mah 50c batteries.will these work in the spartan?they fit in my erevo is why i am asking and it sure would be nice not to have to buy more batteries.i also have 2 7600mah 2s 25c traxxas batteries.which should i use?

RC Champion
    I have some SPC batteries but have not used them in my Spartan yet but see no reason why they would not perform as well in your boat as they do in your E Revo, both are high current draw rc's.

The traxxas batteries also should do an excellent job, others on the forum here do use the Traxxas 25c batteries and I have not heard of any complaints.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Competitor
    But with boats it is more important to have a higher C rating compared to cars. Most FE boats like 40c or above, but lower is plenty fine too.

RC Qualifier
    ok thanks all for your help.do you know if the lvc can be set to a higher 3.5 in the boat? and i'll stick with using the 4 spc 50c batteries just to make sure.i also ordered a kit off flebay thats the dual water inlet kit and the rear splash guard

RC Qualifier
    so far so good.the spc batteries have held up great.been out 2 times and was pretty much full throttle the whole time.i also have a 5s set up thats1 5400 30c 2s and 5400 30c 3s and wow that thing flys on 5s.i'm waiting on my .187 flex cable and couple then i'm gonna blast some 6s in this thing.

RC poster
    I run traxxas 8400 mah 3s lipos 25c with great run times I have to lube the wire drive everytime but with my Machined aluminum jacket motor temps 108-125 esc 80-110 the hottest part are traxxas connectors but they are still holding and the extra weight makes it easier to stabilize the boat when all the way back

RC Qualifier
    cool i have run my traxxas 6400 25c 3s through a few times and this thing flys on 6 s.i was impressed.every time i get back from running my boat i take her apart and clean and lube.i just did the .187 flex cable mod but have not had a chance to get it out since.wind has been a nitemare and work too getting home at dark.i am going to try today to get to the lake and test the mod and on 6s too