Thread: Want opinions

RC Competitor

Want opinions

I am wondering for bashing if The single servo set up is a good idea and what would be the best servo to go to?

RC Champion
    It is a good idea because then your servos are not fighting each other./ I would recommend a Hitec servo
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Competitor
    ok after reading around I am going with SAVSC1256TG but I've been seeing people say something about a bec while using one.
    I am going to be running stock esc and 2-2s 700mah lipo's.

RC Racer
    700mah? What kind of run time do you get with that low of a mah?

same here Mikey76 you must have wanted to type 7000mah or 7600mah atleast 700 would get you what like 3 mins lol.

Yes the savox servos you do need an external BEC due to high voltage draw 50togo can help with that if you need help or cant find it here as he as the savox servo not sure if it the same as your thinking of but he does have one and bought an external BEC for it.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Competitor
    Yes meant 7000 mah, lol. I hope he will answer this or I might just send him a PM.

RC Racer
    Lol okay, I was gonna say...

RC Enthusiast
    just installed a savox 1258tg with the newer servo saver bellcrank design on my old 3906. id have to say it works alot better than the hitec hs645mg setup in my tmaxx. havent done the bec but for me is plenty fast enough. not sure if im risking anything by not doing bec but so far its working awesome.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DRifTkiNg303 View Post
    just installed a savox 1258tg with the newer servo saver bellcrank design on my old 3906. id have to say it works alot better than the hitec hs645mg setup in my tmaxx. havent done the bec but for me is plenty fast enough. not sure if im risking anything by not doing bec but so far its working awesome.
    I run a Savox 2274sg and did a Caslte 10 amp BEC to run this at 7.4v. I now have peace of mind knowing I won't have any glitch problems on my Pede 4x4 and am getting the best performance out of my Servo at 7.4v.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by DRifTkiNg303 View Post
    a nitro or electric converted Tmaxx? Nitro already has a battery pack (BEC) to control everything.. Electric might need the 4AA batteries to help the ESC keep up with voltage demands of the servo

RC Enthusiast
    i have both. tmaxx (classic with 3.3) has hitec setup with traxxas battery pack and capacitor. emaxx has savox that is still running off of stock electronics just upgraded bellcrank. no glitches that ive noticed so far. faster and stronger than the tmaxx has ever been lol. will anything burn up if i dont add bec on the emaxx?

RC Competitor
    Doubtful just be slower turning I would think..