RC Enthusiast

Installed undertray and Outerwears

Plan on doing some beach bashing in the new future so I wanted to get Ramunition prepped to keep all the very fine sand out as much as possible. I read some pretty horrible reviews about the Pro-Line under tray when used as intended and trimmed as suggested...BUT I read some great reviews if you trim down the ridiculously tall sides and combine the Outerwears cover with it...so that is what I did. EXTREMELY happy with the final product.

I cut it down where there was just a slight lip that allowed enough room for the Outerwears velcro. To clean up the edges of the tray, I lined it with automotive door trim just for a more finished look. I had intentions of painting the tray blue to match the blue on the truck but then thought it would be overkill. I decided to hit it with a few light coats of metallic silver. I let that dry and followed with several coats of black primer. After that dried I finished it with spray bedliner to give it a textured finish that was durable. I think the finished painted product matches nearly identical to the paint on the Ram body.

Thoughts?

RC Racer
    looks nice but why trim it so low? the extra height an stretch of the cover down the sides may of facilitated better cooling which could help on beach runs. not a criticism just a thought

RC Enthusiast
    I don't think trimming the sides effect the cooling at all. I thought the high sides looked pretty awful to begin with and mainly wanted something to cover the bottom. The Outerwears isn't stretched at all.

RC Racer
    I love what you did with that. I have been looking into an outwears but I wasn't sure about temps. Let us know how it works for you.

get yourself some slingshots and you will glide over that sand. I do not do a lot of beach bashing but I do run in alot of sand...I am surrounded by it. Any off road bashing spots sandy soil and sand is the norm. My Slash went from fast and all over the place to fast and straight with those bad boys.

Probably looking at a $50 investment....Split six Beadlocks and a pair of Slingshots.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Next perce View Post
    get yourself some slingshots and you will glide over that sand. I do not do a lot of beach bashing but I do run in alot of sand...I am surrounded by it. Any off road bashing spots sandy soil and sand is the norm. My Slash went from fast and all over the place to fast and straight with those bad boys.

Probably looking at a $50 investment....Split six Beadlocks and a pair of Slingshots.
    Had my eye on some

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Slither79 View Post
    I don't think trimming the sides effect the cooling at all. I thought the high sides looked pretty awful to begin with and mainly wanted something to cover the bottom. The Outerwears isn't stretched at all.
    Appreciate that the outwears is breathable and since you have it you don't need the height of the undertray to keep stuff out but I thought the extra room might allow for greater air circulation which might help cooling in more extreme circumstances - e.g. on the beach.

I have the undertray on my Clash1 build, the interior I have fitted forms a lid on the tray that keeps most of the crap out. I'm fitting cooling fans into the interior to keep the air flow.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by tachikoma1373 View Post
    Appreciate that the outwears is breathable and since you have it you don't need the height of the undertray to keep stuff out but I thought the extra room might allow for greater air circulation which might help cooling in more extreme circumstances - e.g. on the beach.

I have the undertray on my Clash1 build, the interior I have fitted forms a lid on the tray that keeps most of the crap out. I'm fitting cooling fans into the interior to keep the air flow.
    I originally looked into the overtray with additional fans. Looking forward to seeing how this setup works.

RC Qualifier
    If I were going to go any protector it would be outerwears, although the only downside is that it's overpriced but there shouldn't be any difference in temps. w/ the outerwears being that it's a net you probably wouldn't see anymore than a 5degree temp. rise IMO

RC Competitor
    Shroud is not very much overpriced... if it is not Outerwears
    Dusty Motors shrouds

RC Qualifier
    I just think 40$ is to much for a net to go over my chassis 20-25$ would be a reasonable price, IMO paying the same amount for a net as buying a new body is kind of ridiculous

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by XRated View Post
    I just think 40$ is to much for a net to go over my chassis 20-25$ would be a reasonable price, IMO paying the same amount for a net as buying a new body is kind of ridiculous
    $30 actually but it's worth it in my opinion.

RC Racer
    find a thrift store/2nd shop selling an old gortex coat, cut a piece out of it the same shape as the chassis, add an inch all round, sew or stick some Velcro round the edge and bo's your mothers brother.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by tachikoma1373 View Post
    find a thrift store/2nd shop selling an old gortex coat, cut a piece out of it the same shape as the chassis, add an inch all round, sew or stick some Velcro round the edge and bo's your mothers brother.
    Not many gore-tex coats for sale here in Florida

RC Racer
    point taken

let's face some fact's here guy's.
    Every thing in this hobby is expensive,and just plain over priced.
    You buy the rig,then you want it better,we buy $100 motor's that probably cost less then $10 to mass produce.
    Or a lipo that is way over priced,even the good lower priced one's are over priced.
    Like they say,we play we pay.
    I don't even like to think about the thousands and thousands I have rapped up in this stuff.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Just had this conversation last night with one of my friends thats looking at getting a slash.

Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    You buy the rig,then you want it better,we buy $100 motor's that probably cost less then $10 to mass produce.
    Or a lipo that is way over priced,even the good lower priced one's are over priced.
    I don't even like to think about the thousands and thousands I have rapped up in this stuff.
    Let's Get Dangerous - "DWD"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    This is true, I'm still fairly new to the hobby"3months" and I'm in over 2k already and next week I'll be throwing out about another 400$, pricey but fun and definitely worth it