RC Enthusiast

throttle adjustment

I just got a T-MAXX 3.3 and was thinking what is the best way to adjust throttle neutral. should i do it from the transmitter or should i adjust the linkages. I have not done any adjustment to the radio since i bought it. I first thought i needed to adjust my idle but found that if i give the trigger a little push forward it drops the idle to a good idle point. After looking at it for awhile and reading the instructions it looks like it could be done either way. Just wondering which way is best or does it really matter.
    THANKS for any advice.

RC Champion
    The bets way would be to make sure the throttle trim on the transmitter is set to 0, then adjust the linkages as needed.

EDIT: Using the trim on the transmitter just works the servo more & could lead to having premature servo replacement.
    Last edited by redck1979; 03-18-2013 at 06:58 PM.
    "Growing OLD is mandatory, Growing UP is optional"

Leave the throttle trim at "0", adjust the carb so that the idle gap is 0.7-1.0mm open and then adjust the linkages accordingly.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    This should help. Sounds like the linkage is slightly out of adjustment.
    Here's a full size showing what to adjust to increase spring pressure, which helps close the carb slide. Make sure after doing this, the most forward collar isn't touching the servo link. When you nudge the brakes, it puts a slight pressure on this linkage helping to force the slide completely closed.
    http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1...tlelinkage.png <larger image

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks. i will adjust the links. Thanks for your advice. I just might get a handle on this nitro stuff yet.

RC Champion
    Latitude:N 37 15' 47.0002" Longitude:W 115 47' 34.8713"
    also between those yellow arrows should be a spring, the spring will keep the carb pushed closed... he prolly has one but its hard to see unless you have a really close up pic thats high quality... you cant see it in any of my pics but this one...

this is a pic of mine but its a bit different from yours but youll get the picture..
    Traxxas is good, but so are other Manus

RC Qualifier
    On my Jato, the slide wasn't opening all the way. So I set the throttle to zero with the trans. and then moved the throttle horn at a slight angle back towards the carb. And then set the throttle end points so it opened just right. No kidding man, the power increase was amazing.