Hybrid View

RC Racer

Breaking in motors

I just purchased a new 3903 Emaxx and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I've seen a lot about breaking in the motors while reading around the forums. What is the best way to break in the twin titans? I don't want to do the water method as I've heard a lot about it messing up the motor life. So do I just run easy for two packs? Or can I just run it in training mode for two packs? Or will that not allow enough power to do the job? What will work the best?

RC Racer
    Search" dry method motor break in" on YouTube that should give you some help

RC Competitor
    the water (distilled) works great I've never had a problem with it- you can use fully charged batteries- they need to be under no load around 3-4 volts (or the lowest you can get them to run)

if you don't want to do the water method - just loosen the motor screws on the model and retighten them with the pinion spaced away from the spur gear- use fully charged batteries and use the trim on the radio to turn the speed down as low as you can get it- run them for 20 minutes like that then lube the bushings with oil and put the motors back on the spur, probably want to recharge the batteries and go for a run...