RC Enthusiast

big block revo or picco 26 revo?

hey guys im new to this site and am looking for some ideas on what i should do.. i really want to get a revo but i dont want to use the stock engine.. i want some power and i really like the big block revo idea.. but i cant find a new era mount anywhere.. so i thought about just building a revo with a picco max 26 or jl red dot 26.. do these motors have enough power? ive seen some videos of them but videos dont do justice.. can i get any suggestions?

RC Qualifier
    Either way you need a big block mount I use the traxxas mount and it works great and it's cheap. I know the picco screams my friend had one on his Maxx I have an xtm 457 pro and a 24-7 pro and love them both they are extremely reliable and hold a tune very well and I spank my friends picco with it. But if I were you I would run the 3.3 til it's done they have good power when tuned properly and a resonator. Then upgrade to a big block
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

RC Enthusiast
    sent u a pm earlier did u get it?

RC Enthusiast
    Whats the best bump start engine for the revo? Do they make a picco .26 jl red dot thats bump start?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonbrisk View Post
    Whats the best bump start engine for the revo? Do they make a picco .26 jl red dot thats bump start?
    You can make them bump start, just install the rear back plate plug (replaces the back plate with the shaft for the one way bearing) and a larger flywheel. I have 2 bumpstarts that I am not using, were used to start up our 4 Revo's with Picco .26 and .28 motors, pm me if you are interested in picco parts and the bumpstarts.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Competitor
    After owning the picco .26 red dot and countless other big blocks, a true big block has more power than the picco .26 and i find most of them to be easier to tune. Just my opinion but i would find a strong .21 or a good .28 and bump start it with the traxxas mount.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by low_dakota94 View Post
    After owning the picco .26 red dot and countless other big blocks, a true big block has more power than the picco .26 and i find most of them to be easier to tune. Just my opinion but i would find a strong .21 or a good .28 and bump start it with the traxxas mount.
    same here i true big blocks are a dream to tune and run smoother cooler and just all around awesome
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah i wanted to get a picco 28 or lrp but the new era mount is impossible to find so im just gonna do the bump start thing i guess. I want a sick motor.

RC Competitor
    Bumpstart lrp 30x will shread trans gears but is all smiles. You can still get a picco .28 and just use the traxxas big block bump start mount. Any bumpstart big block wont let you down.

RC Enthusiast
    that would be one engine id love to try.. ive seen my buddies lrp 30 revo and lrp 28 revos and they scream..

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonbrisk View Post
    Yeah i wanted to get a picco 28 or lrp but the new era mount is impossible to find so im just gonna do the bump start thing i guess. I want a sick motor.
    I happen to have a brand new new Era mount in my parts bin as well as 1 or 2 used ones.
    If I remember correctly, the New Era mount won't allow you to bump start since the flywheel won't reach the slot due to the angle of the motor.
    here was an HPI 5.9 with a new Era on my short Revo,
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Racer
    Oooh. Big block revo!!! Come on you know you want to!!!!!
    If it ain't broke, fix it till it is! BB Revo

RC Racer
    wish I had a New Era mount..... hint hint.
    Last edited by Double G; 04-26-2013 at 07:39 AM. Reason: language

RC Champion
    a true big block has more power than the picco .26
    Look at the bore and stroke of the Picco compared to a "true BB". You will see that it is a "true BB" in a "mid-block case". It shares the same bore and stroke, and most of the parts (piston, conrod, carb) as it's sister engine the Picco .26 BB. The "mid-block case" is only a description used to desbribe it's bolt pattern and short nose crank.

The only reason people dont get the "BB" performance they expect with the Picco is, because they choke it with a Revo style exhaust system. The length of the exhaust system as a whole, "basically" dictates the powerband's window of power within the engines RPM range. A shorter exhaust typically shifts the window up the RPM scale. A longer exhaust typically shifts the window down the RPM scale. When you put a short system on an engine that was designed to make it's power on the lower end of the RPM scale, and then put an exhaust that is designed to enhance the upper end of the RPM scale, you throw off the timing and have mediocre performance.
    Believe 1/2 of what you see,and 0 of what you hear

RC Champion
    Here is a link that DoubleG posted in another thread; http://www.bukupower.com/AnimateCorrect.html

If you watch the "motor rpm too slow for tuned length" animation, you will see what is happening to a PiccoMax when the Revo style rear exhaust system is used.

RC Racer
    Oomp!!

I've been trying to track you down, sir.

.26 red dot to BB exhaust adapter, do you still have any?

Thanks in advance.

UD

RC Champion
    uncledave, check your PM's