RC Qualifier

2056 Servo Problem

Finally got to run my Slayer Pro today! but while running today after about an hour and a half of running my throttle servo stopped working. brakes would apply but would not pull throttle open. did not get wet or receive impact. I thought it was just because my receiver battery was getting low so when I got back home I charged my battery and tested it and found would not respond to the radio at all. Would intermittently twitch but did not have any control of it. Is there any way to test it to make sure its working. My thought was to unplug my steering servo and plug in my throttle servo and see if it will respond to steering inputs. Servo is only about 5 months old. Any ideas?

P.S. I just read that the 2056 servo doesn't say digital and the 2075 does. Would that make a difference when running a Spektrum DX3R Pro radio and SR3100T receiver? Maybe I don't have the end points or something not adjusted correctly causing the servo to burn out quicker than normal?
    Last edited by Hwdriver; 03-17-2013 at 10:00 PM.

That's what my original servo did when it burned out. Do switch the servos though like you said to make sure your good one will work in the throttle channel on your radio. That way you can eliminate it being a radio problem.

I have heard of some problems running analog servos with a digital radio systems. Now I run a 645MG hitec analog throttle servo in mine with the DX3S radio and haven't had any problems. You might look in your radio menus and your manual to see if you have an adjustable frame rate option (which on the 3R I think it does have it). What it's for is to adjust for using analog servos. If all that doesn't work then the servo may be shot (which I think it is since you say you are just now having this problem). My stock throttle servo died rather quickly as well.

RC Qualifier
    So now the question is 2075? another 2056 or an aftermarket upgrade? and if so which one?

2075 is sufficient for the job. They can be had for around $20 shipped or less in the MP.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Alright thanks for the information.

RC Racer
    i had the same problem but from a wicked roll i broke the capicitor off the circuit board inside the servo
    I'm hittin' easy street on mud tires.

RC Competitor
    I went with savox 1258tg steering servo, and put the traxxas 2075 on the throttle. Works great! The savox is around 70$ butt it is a night and day difference.