RC Competitor

Can you guys tell me if it works??

Will someone tell me if my castle creations 5700 kv 4 pole motor work with my velenion esc.
    Thanks

RC Qualifier
    I tried a castle 4pole 3800 with VXL esc and it stuttered with full throttle. It reached speed but was stuttering really bad. I don't think it plays well with 4 pole motors. I did put the velineon motor back in and it ran fine. So it wasn't a problem with the esc. Good luck

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    The veleion esc doesn't like 4 pole motors, from what I have seen on other posts is that the vxl3s sees a 4 pole motor as twice the Kv as it is used to run a 2 pole motor. Very few that I know of have had any luck pairing a 4 pole motor to the vxl3s esc. Give it a try see what happens. Good luck and god bless.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Competitor
    do you know if the castle motor is waterproof

The VXL doesn't even know the amount of poles in the motor which is connected. It is just not able to provide the pulses fast enough to get it to the right RPM. A 4 pole motor needs twice the amount of pulses compared to a 2 pole to get to the same motor RPM.

Every brushless motor is waterproof. You have to take care of the bearings when they got wet.
    Nobody is born with experience