RC Qualifier

desert tan paint

i need desert tan spray paint for my bug body. i cant find any lexan paint thats desert tan. i went to my lhs and they didnt have any, i looked around online for a while, and i still couldnt find any. if you guys could help me find some, that would be great!
    ummmm...this isnt what i ordered...

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, i have wanted some as well, but i am pretty sure you would only be able to find it for air brush or have to mix it. I wish they made more earth tones in rattle can, but don't think there is a high demand for them.....
    momomotorsports - Slash - PE Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    Has anyone tried this Krylon Fusion for plastic? Plenty of colors and these large cans cost the same as those tiny hobby shop cans. You can get this stuff at walmart as well.
    http://www.thepaintstore.com/Krylon_...c_p/k02320.htm
    HARDCORR RACING

RC Champion
    Fusion won't work. Flakes off really bad. We tried the tan and green with military colors in mind. It does not stick.

TR17
    To err is human, to arr is pirate!

doesn't tamiya make them in cans? Maybe try this.
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Qualifier
    rag6- i saw that, but i dont think it will work on lexan

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6
    doesn't tamiya make them in cans? Maybe try this.
    You can use this paint or any plastic model paint vs lexan paint if you use a adhesion/flex agent I use Bulldog. The paint on my Baja is gray primer plastic paint from Tamiya. Sticks good with no cracking

RC Qualifier
    radicalray- so what you're saying is i just have to spray my body with that bulldog stuff, and then i can use that paint that rag6 found? and it wont chip?!?!
    you, sir, just made my day

RC Enthusiast
    I don't know, but that primed bug looks killer!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by specialone70
    radicalray- so what you're saying is i just have to spray my body with that bulldog stuff, and then i can use that paint that rag6 found? and it wont chip?!?!
    you, sir, just made my day
    Spray on Bulldog wait till its tacky spray on your choice of Tamiya, Pactra Testors plastic paint. The bulldog will bond with the plastic paint and make it flexable and adhere to our lexan bodies when they flex. Have not tried it with Krylon Fusion so I don't know.

RC Racer
    Bump any luck finding Tan lexan paint?
    E-Maxx 150A and 2100kv 4-pole

RC Enthusiast
    Thought about using Plasti Dip? They have a camo line with the desert tan. You can just peel it off if/when you get tired of it. It holds up great and has a ton of flex to it since it dries as a rubbery product. It dries as a matte finish which I think would look great. I use it on my plastic Jeep fenders flares and it's lasted right at a year with no signs of wear. http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=85028

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Slither79 View Post
    Thought about using Plasti Dip? They have a camo line with the desert tan. You can just peel it off if/when you get tired of it. It holds up great and has a ton of flex to it since it dries as a rubbery product. It dries as a matte finish which I think would look great. I use it on my plastic Jeep fenders flares and it's lasted right at a year with no signs of wear. http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=85028

Plasti-Dip is a good, durable, flexible type of spray, I've seen people paint their whole cars w/ this stuff and bring em to car shows, think there's even a video of a guy using a high pressure washer up close trying to see if the plasti-dip would come off and it didn't, I was thinking about trying it on one of my bodies

RC Enthusiast
    Yep I dipped the rims on my Jeep last year and had it on for 6 months before finally pulling it off since I bought new rims and tires.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by radicalray View Post
    You can use this paint or any plastic model paint vs lexan paint if you use a adhesion/flex agent I use Bulldog. The paint on my Baja is gray primer plastic paint from Tamiya. Sticks good with no cracking

Do you still paint the underside with the product?
    / 16

RC Enthusiast
    Rustoleum might work. It takes a while to dry, but it turns out nice on car wheels, models, etc. Also do you want a textured brown... If so here's a pic.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/02...43_180X180.jpg

just click on the link
    P.S They sell the paint at WAL-MART for like seven bucks a can!