Thread: Forum servers

RC Champion

Forum servers

Has anyone else had the forum load REALLY slow and then some of the posts take 30 to 45 seconds to load? I know it's not my internet because this is the only forum I have a problem with loading. Just a suggestion but better servers might be a good idea. I know I saw someone mention this before.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

Ya, mine has been loading really slowly too... I wonder what's up...
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

Mods and admin are aware of it. I have not heard what is going on though.
    The Super Derecho

usually when it doest that its an upgrade coming to the forum 1, or 2 updates about products like providing manuals, video uploads to the site, or could just be regular webmaster work at hand. those are what i have noticed over the time i have been here since 2010
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Yep.... As usual
    Land of the free?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    usually when it doest that its an upgrade coming to the forum 1, or 2 updates about products like providing manuals, video uploads to the site, or could just be regular webmaster work at hand. those are what i have noticed over the time i have been here since 2010
    But it only happens on the forum, the rest of the site loads fine for me. Maybe something with vBulletin?

Running fine for me at the moment though.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

could be the forum then, old old threads get archived and there has been alot of cleaning going on around the forum and there are always new upgrades to the software that get released and since its a new system traxxas is using could be just that, i think sometimes the forum gets over loaded with too many members online at once cant handle the strain of loyal fans haha now thats a good one for traxxas forum needs to be able to handle all the members getting on within a certain time frame i know sometimes you have over a few 100's of members and it could load it down maybe???? where is someone that works on servers or does a IT job for a living when you need one? someone on here as to be one right? we have over 10k members.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    They should be able to handle the load I mean other rc forums have over 300 people on at all times and they are not an rc brand so I don't see why traxxas wouldn't be able to handle it.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

Quote Originally Posted by Fr8cture View Post
    They should be able to handle the load I mean other rc forums have over 300 people on at all times and they are not an rc brand so I don't see why traxxas wouldn't be able to handle it.
    Absolutely it should... It has nothing to do with the amount of people on the system or "load" as you say... The problem lies somewhere else. But us mods are not the Traxxas I.T. dept. and they ARE aware of this... Us mods have been notifying them every time we notice it as well.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous