RC Enthusiast

EZ Peak Plus - recommended current for discharging Lipos to storage

Hi,

I am using the default (0.1A) current for discharging my 7600 mAh (non Traxxas) 2S 40C rated Lipo from around 3.9/4.0 V/cell to 3.85 V/cell (using the storage program).

I'm using the EZ Peak Plus (model 2933).

Up to how much would be safe to increase the discharging current from the default?

Thanks. Any help is appreciated.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by brunobaptista View Post
    Up to how much would be safe to increase the discharging current from the default?

Thanks. Any help is appreciated.
    What, .1 amps isn't fast enough for ya? Some people are so impatient.

My question is, how many amps will it *allow* you to discharge at in that mode? (my guess is 1 amp).

I don't own an EZ-Peak Plus, but my Hitec charges or discharges at 1 amp max in storage mode. Even then, it still takes a while sometimes...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Yet another reason I like my iCharger... 20 amp of charging might in storage mode!

You set the charger up just as if you were balance charging... at 1C. The only difference is that the charger is in storage mode instead of balance mode.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

yup same as i do what Jimmie is doing, i stuck 2 lipos at the same time into storage charge mode could have did 4 but they were different voltage.
    the ez peak plus charger has a 2amp max discharge function so at 2amps storage will be more than fine, after all when you run your lipo in your truck either be a merv, slash, emaxx your pulling more than 35amps out of the pack constant so it wont hurt it pulling 2 amps or even 7.6amps for storage charge mode.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    the ez peak plus charger has a 2amp max discharge function so at 2amps storage will be more than fine, after all when you run your lipo in your truck either be a merv, slash, emaxx your pulling more than 35amps out of the pack constant so it wont hurt it pulling 2 amps or even 7.6amps for storage charge mode.
    I figured that using 2A couldn't hurt and tried it. From 7.9V to 7.6V took around 90 minutes

Interestingly enough it didn't go to 2A but stopped at 1.1A and when it reached 7.60/7.59 it started a slow decline 1, 0.9, 0.8... I didn't wait for it to finish and interrupted the process. Around 30 minutes later, it shows 3.83/3.82 using a cell checker. So I suppose it's fine.

I was curious at how long (once the voltage stopped falling at 7.6V) the amps kept falling from 1.1 to 0 (I suppose, was impatient and didn't let it finish).

Thanks

it does that its to make sure that each cell is evenly as possible. I dont get mine going up to 4amps like i set mine at on my charger it goes to like 2.8amps then drops because its near the voltage its set to stop at so it doesnt need to be there high even though you set it that high it may not get their. you can do 2amps for storage just fine. using the cell checker is a good idea as well to make sure its at the storage voltage.
    your good to go. Have fun charging and running
    DEU 8:18 ESV