Thread: Axles

RC Racer

Axles

Best cheap axles for 2wd
    Last edited by razorback fan; 03-17-2013 at 02:23 PM.

RC Racer
    http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr1951x...stampede-rear/

I bought these and have only ran with them twice but they just feel strong. The bearings and bearing carriers blew me away, beefy.

Not a bad price either since aluminum carriers are 20 bucks and rpm are $10 bucks at least. It appears to me much less slop as well over the stock/rpm rear construction

+1 all my 2wd slash trucks run tekno,except the pro track suspension,so far for the price and weight to strength ratio their the best I can find.
    I wish they had a longer dog bone for the pt,I use mip for those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Next perce View Post
    http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr1951x...stampede-rear/

I bought these and have only ran with them twice but they just feel strong. The bearings and bearing carriers blew me away, beefy.

Not a bad price either since aluminum carriers are 20 bucks and rpm are $10 bucks at least. It appears to me much less slop as well over the stock/rpm rear construction
    Last edited by billy-bones; 03-17-2013 at 05:20 PM.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Racer
    Cheapest option is buy stock replacements and hope for the best.

1 thing with the tekno axels if you have the rpm gear box you will have to shave some of the metal from the gear box plate.

Took about 60 seconds with my monster way to large craftsman Dremel. But just as easy can be done with a metal file and some effort. Just an fyi for those who will come across this issue.

I saw what believe to be the "new(er)" 4 wheel drive shaft that look super cool and are 60 bucks and you still don't have those crazy cool bearings.

RC Racer
    I will upgrade to tekno but i dont race or anything

RC Racer
    Neither do I. Going wed for 1st time just practice but a track nonetheless. I just wanted something that would hold up to 10 foot airs!

And I think they will work. Funny thing is unless my slipper was a bit different or the weather but I was wheeling non stop on my stock tires with my VXL system. Before the teknos went in it was an occasional wheelie. All things remaining equal except for a maybe a small slipper setting. I use my stock tires for the road so I don't destroy my better off road tires and this Saturday I was hitting wheelies like they were going out of style....got annoying after awhile.

Until I snapped my chassis that is and that was more of a bummer. But fun at the same time.

RC Champion
    as long as you dont have the throttle pegged when you land a jump then the stock axles are just fine and cheap. slightly loose slipper helps too. ive never had an issue with stock axles.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    What about using the stock 4x4 Slash axles? A bit beefier and cheaper than the aftermarket stuff.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

I have ripped up more than one set of 4x4 axle's,after giving up on stock.
    But have yet to lose one tekno axle,or bearing.
    I'm sure my day will come,but in the long run tekno and their bearing carrier's with the over sized inner bearing,are what I'm staying with.

I must also add,the 4x4 axle's did put up a much better fight,then the stockers.
    However I would have gone thru 4 set's by now,and the teknos look like the day I put them in.
    If I look at thing's in the long run,the tekno's are actually cheaper.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.