Thread: fuel

RC Competitor

fuel

Just wondering what fuel everyone uses. I'm about out and might try something different just because.

RC Champion
    When I did use nitro, it was Tower Hobbies' proprietary blend (Tower Power). Good stuff and reasonably priced.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    I use Sidewinder 30/12
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

I'm using O'Donnel 20%. I like alot, and it's only $20 a gallon at my hobby shop!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Racer
    I use Byrons 20%.
    T-Maxx 3.3/E-Maxx/30th Digger/1:10 Summit/Rustler

RC Competitor
    I will not use Byrons every again... only o donnel 30%. After seven years of racing and tunning they told three of use that our motors locked up on brake in with there fuel. Not one but three different gallons and all new motors. Only O Donnel's.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by edar1 View Post
    I will not use Byrons every again... only o donnel 30%. After seven years of racing and tunning they told three of use that our motors locked up on brake in with there fuel. Not one but three different gallons and all new motors. Only O Donnel's.
    If you locked up a not one but three motors on a break in you don't know what you are doing no matter what fuel you are using. We are team racers for Byron's and will tell you right now this is totally not the fuel, I have raced this fuel for years with Zero problems along with a lot of racers in this industry. If you are ever in fear of breaking in with low percentage race fuels which all brands offer then run a break in fuel additive.
    Last edited by pntmachine; 03-17-2013 at 07:55 AM.
    2009 Florida State Monster Truck Champion
    RBMods

RC Qualifier
    Byron Gen 2 Race Fuel 16/20/25% was running 20 but gonna try 16 as my truck see3ms to run hot (its only just broken in).

RC Competitor
    Been running 30% sidewinder v2 for a bit. No complaints here.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I'm using O'Donnel 20%. I like alot, and it's only $20 a gallon at my hobby shop!
    Same for me. I've been using odonell for a long time and really like it.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Competitor
    I've been running Traxxas and Byrons 20, 30, and 33% since 2008, and have yet to blow or wear an engine out. Key is a good tune, clean air filter, and stay after your temps. Believe it or dont, but I stopped doing after run matienance on them in 2009, maybe not the smartest thing to do, but ive had no negative repercussions yet.

RC Competitor
    "If you locked up a not one but three motors on a break in you don't know what you are doing no matter what fuel you are using. We are team racers for Byron's and will tell you right now this is totally not the fuel, I have raced this fuel for years with Zero problems along with a lot of racers in this industry. If you are ever in fear of breaking in with low percentage race fuels which all brands offer then run a break in fuel additive." dude you dont know it all

We sent Byron's the guu that was in the motor. I have never seen any engine with black stuff in it. This happened over 10 years ago. I had been racing for over three years at that point my two other buddies had more time racing then me. I was 20 when this happened. I started flying nitro planes for over seven years at this point. You cant up a motor on brake in when it is 4 stroking so much smoke and oil coming out that it would not run with out a glow igniter on it. I know what I am doing and so did my buddies. NEVER EVER BYRON'S
    Last edited by Double G; 03-26-2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: language

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by edar1 View Post
    dude you dont know it all We sent Byron's the guu that was in the motor. I have never seen any engine with black stuff in it. This happened over 10 years ago. I had been racing for over three years at that point my two other buddies had more time racing then me. I was 20 when this happened. I started flying nitro planes for over seven years at this point. You cant up a motor on brake in when it is 4 stroking so much smoke and oil coming out that it would not run with out a glow igniter on it. I know what I am doing and so did my buddies. NEVER EVER BYRON'S
    For you to come on here and make comments about something in this ever evolving industry about something you say happened ten years ago makes your statements invalid. Fuels have change so much in that span by all manufacturers that it makes what your saying not matter. Byrons is one of the best fuels in the industry but to each his own. I wonder how World Champions get by racing it?
    2009 Florida State Monster Truck Champion
    RBMods

RC Enthusiast
    O'DONELLS IS the best fuel out there,its cheap and keeps your motor nice and cool,but still has alot of power.I use 20% odonells race fuel with my revo 3.3 runs perfect and has alot of horsepower,so much i cant control it while trying to do speed runs.But the 20% o'donells speed blend is good to just has more oil,for bashing.But get a quart of each and see witch is better.

RC Competitor
    I use RB 25%