RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar

BEWARE Fake XO-1 axles from EBAY!!

found this out from other forum, thought i'd share it here with you guys, its for everyone's concern. http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=176527
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

RC Qualifier
    Good job getting the word out. Traxxas should be up in arms over this! Trying to pass them off as "Genuine" is fraud!

Wow, that's scary!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

before he bought it, i was thinking of buying it from the same Ebay seller too, good thing i did'nt pull the trigger....i would have waisted my $$

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Thanks for passing the info along. I'll definitely watch out for that seller.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Please note the description:
    "Brand new set of Driveshafts for the Traxxas XO-1. You will receive 4 REAR driveshafts as pictured above!"
    Although the title listed part numbers, the description does not. This is a typical tactic for scammers - that and the word "for".
    See seller "dsloomer" on eBay for a clinic on scamming buyers with 100% knockoff shells and badly applied paint jobs. Yet he's got great feedback. To all those sellers he's gotta be thinking, "Thanks for not being too particular."
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    Bottom line here - If youre going to intentionally mislead a person for money - Karma should be your roommate!!!!

RC Racer
    Thanks. I also saw them and thought it would be a good deal. Glad I didn't pull the trigger !!!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    "Brand new set of Driveshafts for the Traxxas XO-1. You will receive 4 REAR driveshafts as pictured above!"
    Although the title listed part numbers, the description does not. This is a typical tactic for scammers - that and the word "for".
    See seller "dsloomer" on eBay for a clinic on scamming buyers with 100% knockoff shells and badly applied paint jobs. Yet he's got great feedback. To all those sellers he's gotta be thinking, "Thanks for not being too particular."
    I have to agree with this. It is completely a good trick. Also when the guy got the shafts he bent them. So there is a higher chance paypal or ebay will not refund his money as he is going to have to send them back to the seller. Also it says nothing in the description that this will work in the x01. It says it will fit but it has no description if it will work. Always look at there feedback before you buy. You can send a message to the people who bought from him to check if he/she is a good seller. I think you have learned your lesson and hopefully this will never happen again. I do feel sorry for you. But I am going to have to say Paypal probably will not refund your money because you bent them and you did not really read the description.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Yep I made a mistake and purchased a shell from him, ONE TIME!! The shell came in awesome paint job, a coule runs later it practically was all flaked off and cracked. I contacted him and he did refund me half the money. So the body cost me $15 in the end. Terrible to waste such tallent on cheap stuff. Paint and bodies.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    man after being scammed as a seller and a buyer on ebay in the last couple months , you have to be krazy if you think EBAY or Paypal will not refund you on anything you purchase . there is no way this seller will get off selling these and thinking he will get away with it unless the buyer lets him .
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Champion
    It's not very hard to scam people when they don't read the description. I had a clearly title auction for a Xo-1 body get totally jacked up because I was getting bids for a whole Xo-1. I like the picture two items but only get one scam.

well, its a lesson to everyone to always make sure to read all the seller's feedback and make sure that the descriptions match with the pictures. i always buy my parts from a very known seller with a very outstanding feedback.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    . i always buy my parts from a very known seller with a very outstanding feedback.
    +1 there are 2 sellers i use. And there both within 1 day shipping away from me..

Thanks for the heads up mate.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Enthusiast
    Hey guys, it was me who bought these - I just want to say that I spoke to paypal and they asked me for a statement describing how I determined they are fake.

Basically not a single part is compatible with the Traxxas parts and the splines are so bad that they hardly fit even new - you can strip them by hand.

Also not to worry, these are so soft I just bent them back to perfectly straight no problem.

Paypal actually said if they determine they are fake, they may ask me to destroy them and not return them at all.

sounds like you got it taken care of, i'm just glad i was not the guinea pig

RC Enthusiast
    Still no solid answer from them - the seller would absolutely not answer me at all - we have to wait and see what paypal says.

RC Enthusiast
    OK, got the green light to return them from paypal, now we will see if I get refunded.

RC Racer
    Good Luck Man !!! Keep After Them !!!

RC Enthusiast
    They did tell me, both in writing and over the phone that they do not condone the sale of fake items so we shall see - and I wonder what that seller is going to do with the boatload of fake garbage axles I bet he is sitting on...

Let's get real: they may not "condone" but they do allow if it makes them a buck.

RC Enthusiast
    Let's get real: they may not "condone" but they do allow if it makes them a buck.
    I guess it all comes down to quality, lets face it - most of the stuff we use here is made in china - if these were good quality copies I would have used them and forgot about it, but they are NOT.

I know there are TONS of products on ebay that are fake or unlicensed copies - the bottom line is either they are cheap, good enough to pass, or listed with a description that describes it as a copy by using proper wording = "XO-1 style axles" or "XO-1 type axles" or "like traxxas 6451" - something like that.

The bottom line here is these are total garbage and I do not want anyone else to get burned - the guy is clearly a scammer, did not answer any of my questions after the sale (or before) he knows he is selling garbage and doesn't care - I bet he will start selling them again under a different name - I would like to save some people from getting burned.

I hear you. I just don't believe eBay cares unless it hurts their bottom line.

RC Enthusiast
    I hear you. I just don't believe eBay cares unless it hurts their bottom line.
    You are probably correct, the thing is, the refunds come from paypal (which is ebay) and if the sellers take off they end up holding the bag (how the refunds work is they refund the buyer and then collect from the seller after)

RC Competitor
    Wow I almost bought two sets from them, the only reason I didnt is because they never repled to my questions, all he had to do was reply and I was in......WOW......

RC Qualifier
    if they told you to ship them back , then most likely the seller approved it . Hope you got tracking number , and if it allready arrived note it on your Paypal Open Case . After that he should get 48 hrs to refund it if not Paypal should do it . But you gotta stay on top of them. What stinks is if you used them and broke them he can claim that he didnt get back what he sent you then just try to drag it out longer . Ive spent more time on phone with paypal and ebay then all my other calls put together . When I get US based reps somtime I get results when its offshore based reps Im on there for ever . Still waitin on a dispute for $520 since jan 28 . If the seller emails you about anything saying he got them and refunded it you can close the case , dont do it as thats another scam they be trying to pull off .
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

If you look at the seller's feedback, you'll see that it's very possible he'll use every scummy trick in the book.
    A candidate for the Hall of Shame.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyG6 View Post
    if they told you to ship them back , then most likely the seller approved it . Hope you got tracking number , and if it allready arrived note it on your Paypal Open Case . After that he should get 48 hrs to refund it if not Paypal should do it . But you gotta stay on top of them. What stinks is if you used them and broke them he can claim that he didnt get back what he sent you then just try to drag it out longer . Ive spent more time on phone with paypal and ebay then all my other calls put together . When I get US based reps somtime I get results when its offshore based reps Im on there for ever . Still waitin on a dispute for $520 since jan 28 . If the seller emails you about anything saying he got them and refunded it you can close the case , dont do it as thats another scam they be trying to pull off .

Since the seller responded to the case asking paypal to decide the outcome (not smart, can't understand why he would do this) paypal takes over, they ask me to ship with a tracking number and once the tracking shows delivered, they refund me.

I have been through this process a few times now and every time it is stressful waiting - as you say there are many factors that can go against you.

In this case, I got a full refund - I bought 2 sets and even the damage doesn't matter because they are simply asking me to return the product, no mention of the damage since they are fake I guess nobody cares.

Sad part is that he sold more sets to other people who are either sitting on them, don't even know they are fake or don't know what to do about it.

RC Qualifier
    I usually deal with Dollarhobbyz and Hopmeup. They have been pretty good to me.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!