RC Racer

Cleaning the revo

What do you guys clean your chassis with when they get dirty?

RC Qualifier
    Elbow grease lol

Just kidding I have compressed air in my shop and I also use old tooth brushes, just make sure to wear eye protection when using compressed air.
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Qualifier
    Compressed air, baby wipes and sometimes q-tips
    Revo 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    compressed air from the shop for a quick dust off when its not too dirty. And foaming glass cleaner from a can for when the truck is
    really dirty. let the foam will break up the mud/dirt after a minute than shop air to clean/dry it off.

RC poster
    I have little rubber plugs for the card intake and the exhaust and then COMPLETELY spray everything with simple green. I let it soak for 3-4 minutes, hose it off with water and then dry it with compressed air.

RC Qualifier
    If it is just dusty i blow it off with the air compressor. If i get it muddy or extremely dirty i do the same as drew31186. I use Simple Green and spray it down real good and let it soak to break up the mud and dirt and i rinse off with the hose repeat as unnecessary till its clean then i air dry with compressor. If i hose down my Revo i do a partial tear down to oil and lube certain parts.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Racer
    What about the electronics? Is there a way of water proofing them better to hose off the chassis?

RC Qualifier
    the electronics should already be waterproof unless its a older model or you have replaced a servo with a non waterproof one. I keep the servo box covers on and be mindful not to spray directly at the small openings where the servo rods and wires come through. As long as you thoroughly blow it out and and do some maintenance to oil up bearings you should be fine.

RC Racer
    JeWhats about the oily nitro residue. Whats the best for that? Brake cleaner and Gun Scruber doesnt do crap for the dried on stuff. Had to take it apart and scrub it with hot soapy water and a stiff toothbrush. From now on it gets sprayed down with some sort of nitro cleaner...

RC Qualifier
    Simple Green is all i have ever used. I didnt even know there was such a product like "nitro cleaner" I dont let my car sit long enough for nitro to harden.

RC Racer
    JeWell i got mine used and it had some dryd on nitro dirt stuff that just wouldnt come clean till i took it apart. Now its mine it will get better care..

RC Qualifier
    elbow Grease, wd40, maintainance spray/degreaser such as Jizzer (yes JIZZER lol).

Jizzer makes everything smell nice too....

RC Competitor
    Dollar store carberator cleaner, its cheap.

RC Competitor
    a1 to simple green and compresed air.. and carb cleaner for the engine externals