RC Competitor

Question Racing slash 2wd

hi guys i am wondring if i could get any help on what buy four an sct.
    the guys at my indour off road track are very hard on ther gear and i want somthing that willot break,
    my buggy is just breaking too mutch
    everone else the frajile sc10s and durangoes but i want durabitly and power.

Well the slash is known for it's durability,but that doesn't mean it wont break.
    But at the same time,you will have a hard time keeping pace with the other trucks you mentioned,with out some major mod's.
    They were made for the track,the slash was made for a bit of everything.
    I have both,and for out and out strength,the slash wins hand's down,And will take as much if not more power than the others.
    But it too has it limitations.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Champion
    you can race the slash. just takes a lot of practice and tuning of the suspension. definitely need new wheels and tires.

RC Enthusiast
    I would get a Slash because they are known for being durable, and you can also make major upgrades if you know how to do it. Even if you don't know how, your local hobby shop can install it! I've seen parts for the Slash that are after market that are majorly upgraded. I have a Slash 5803, and am looking for upgrade parts.

RC Champion
    ive cartwheeled my slash at over 50mph and didnt break anything. also jumped it off my house and it was fine.

RC Competitor
    if i buy a slash and put on the proline lcg kit will that be fast and durable

RC Competitor
    edit everone else HAS and sorry for others/mispellings

Imo the pro line lcg chassis is over rated,you can get better for they same $ or less.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    Imo the pro line lcg chassis is over rated,you can get better for they same $ or less.
    I don't think its over rated. Out of all the lcg slashes at my track mine is the fastest. It comes down to what you like and how deep your pockets are. Also what layout you want....no lcg is better then another. They all do the same job... Comes down to the driver. I do really well with my slash and just put a 17.5 in it and i still beat guys with anza, strc lcg chassis.
    2wd slash, PL LCG, CC 3800, Powerstrokes, S6040

That's why I said imo,and yes,it does come down to driving skills in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDonJuan View Post
    I don't think its over rated. Out of all the lcg slashes at my track mine is the fastest. It comes down to what you like and how deep your pockets are. Also what layout you want....no lcg is better then another. They all do the same job... Comes down to the driver. I do really well with my slash and just put a 17.5 in it and i still beat guys with anza, strc lcg chassis.

RC Champion
    yes it will be fast and durable. ive seen a few guys at my track run the proline chassis and they crashed a lot and didnt break anything. the proline chassis looks the prettiest and looks more like a race chassis then most others.

RC Competitor
    Got the slash and it kept up with the pack easily thanks 4 the help

Quote Originally Posted by gilrc10 View Post
    if i buy a slash and put on the proline lcg kit will that be fast and durable
    Here's pic's of both, the lcg makes a substantial difference, however many tracks dont permit them to run together.
    Our tracks have a stock slash class in which lcg's are not allowed.
    They are both quite durable.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]