RC Racer

What is the best esc for the xo-1

A lot of people seem to have problems with the stock esc, i am building an xo-1 from a roller and wanted to know what you guys think the best esc would be or a way to make the stock esc more reliable. Do you think the mamba xl2 would be an improvement because there seems to be a lot of issues with the xl2 as well. And if anyone knows of any previous threads with this topic can you please post the links.
    Last edited by slash4x4baja; 03-16-2013 at 03:24 PM.

RC Champion
    I haven't had any issues with my XL2 as of yet. It was the original XL that had major issues. Keep in mind a lot of issues happen because the electronics are being pushed to the edge of what they were designed to do.
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    I know it isn't Traxxas and i don't have a Xo-1 but what about the RX8

RC Qualifier
    i didnt have any issue with my stock esc and beat it to a pulp , itstll going strong even for the guy i sold it too
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i have my MMM/2200 a little over a year now and its been thru many runs and to a different trucks or cars and had no issue whatsoever. i did crash it one time when i had it on my ERBE and crack the case, busted the fan and the fin were all bent down, i have to straight them one by one and got a replacement fan and case, it looks like i got a brand new one after putting it all together its last resting place is on my XO-1 325mm.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Champion
    What is your intent with the car? High speed runs? Quick on-road racer? Just depends on what you wanna do with it. If you're not trying to break any speed records, then I would suggest an 1/8 system like the MMM/2200 combo.
    Jeremy

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    What is your intent with the car? High speed runs? Quick on-road racer? Just depends on what you wanna do with it. If you're not trying to break any speed records, then I would suggest an 1/8 system like the MMM/2200 combo.
    yep.I'll second that
    E-revo mmm/2200
    100+mph tc4 neu powered

RC Racer
    Yeah the main intent is speed runs i don't need to go crazy fast anything near 80 and above is just fine. I just want reliability.

RC Champion
    MMM/2200 is pretty reliable if you ask me.
    Jeremy