RC Qualifier

Storage? Balance? Discharge?

Hello guys I'm new to lipo and a couple of days ago I bought 2 2s 5000mah lipo for my emaxx brushed and the old motors on the maxx don't work anymore so I'm gonna buy a mamba monster and its gonna take a month or two to get some cash to buy it and I was wondering how should I store these lipos properly? And what should I do to store my little 2s 2200mah lipo for my 1/16ths? Thanks for the help!

RC Champion
    Proper storage means...

1. Making sure your cells are at or around 3.85 volts each, and

2. Making sure they are well-balanced.

Many smart chargers nowadays have a "storage mode" that balances and charges (or discharges) the cells to 3.85v each. What charger do you have?
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    I have a hitec x1 multi charger. how do I balance them? How do I make sure their around 3.85 volts?

just as zippogeek stated that is proper storage what he posted. this setting and storage goes for all lipos no matter what size they are. I just put all 4 of my lipos into storage charge. storage charge mode is so the lipos sit at about 50-60% of charge level so they dont dont damage cells, or discharge too low sitting at lvc level.
    Welcome to lipos as well glad to have another to the flock
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by vwbug View Post
    how do I balance them? How do I make sure their around 3.85 volts?
    1. Get yourself a LiPo cell checker. You can quickly check an entire pack and individual cells. They run $5-10 at A-Main hobbies or on eBay.

2. To balance them, you need to use the rainbow colored balance leads that (probably) came with your charger. Those leads connect to the balance pins of the charger on one end, and your balance board on the other. Your battery's balance lead then plugs into the balance board. You plug the female battery lead into the male charge lead, select BALANCE in your LiPo menu, then press and hold START.

For a more detailed how-to, consult the Hitec charger manual or send me a PM!
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

Spc racing has those cell checkers as well now for cheap as well not sure how much shipping would cost though. i thought of getting one for when running to see just how much voltage i have left but decided i would just run till lvc kicks in then i'm good.
    cant help on the charger you have or advice on how to use as i dont have it
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    Ok thanks guys ill check on it!