RC Competitor

long term lipo use.

I mean how safe are lipos? Any long term users out there have some opinions. Please tell me I'm kind of paranoid..

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 12jam View Post
    I mean how safe are lipos? Any long term users out there have some opinions. Please tell me I'm kind of paranoid..
    You're being paranoid!

Been using LiPos 13 years now. I take good care of my batteries and have never had a fire. One "puffed" pack, and that one was my fault. They are superior in every way to NiMh, other than up-front cost: more power, more consistent power, longer run times, less weight.

It's good that you're cautious, but if you think about it, you use LiPos every day in your iPad or cell phone without giving it a second thought. And you hold that cell phone right on your face...

Get a decent LiPo charger if you haven't already. The Traxxas EZ-Peak Plus is a very good one with all the features you need to care for a LiPo. We'll talk you through the rest.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Champion
    What he said. i was paranoid at first now I keep,charge,and store 4 on my kitchen counter with no fears. YES I use a lipo bag. Follow manufacturers instructions be smart use your head and you will have years of SAFE lipo fun.