RC poster

Chassis/Setup issue

I've had my slash 2wd for about 3 weeks, and have run about 12 lipo packs on it, mostly on off-road tracks. I've had to replace the rear arms and bearing carriers (RPM), and have replace the right rear bearings. The hinge pin on the right rear was bent and replaced.

The truck has always seemed like it tracked inconsistently, & i would always be adjusting the steering trim to compensate for it.. Today, with no one else on the track, i did some testing, and noticed, that while the truck goes straight at low speeds it pulls to the left at high speeds. I don't mean when under acceleration, but after accelerating.

I'm running stock springs and shocks w/ aluminum caps. blockades on the rears and calipers on the fronts. I've had different tires on the truck, but they haven't made any noticeable change.

Tires are balanced. camber is -2 all around, but doesn't seem to hold the setting..

Any suggestions ??

thanks
    Brian Wolfsohn
    South Florida

RC Racer
    you said you only changed bearings on one side? that could be an issue just like with a full size vehicle if you do bearings at least do bolth sides if not all the way around it could be a small amount of wearn causing the left rear bearings to not rotate as freely as the right

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by armorred_slash View Post
    you said you only changed bearings on one side? that could be an issue just like with a full size vehicle if you do bearings at least do bolth sides if not all the way around it could be a small amount of wearn causing the left rear bearings to not rotate as freely as the right

thanks for the suggestion..

I've tested with wheels on and off (and off the ground), and there seems to be equal rotation and slowing on both sides. After letting off the throttle (with wheels off the ground), both sides stop at the same time..

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Sounds like the truck has taken some nice tumbles!
    Check the ft shocks for a bent or sticky shock shaft.
    Also check all the ft suspension pins paying special attention to the steering kingpins. They tend to bend pretty easily with plastic c-blocks. If you find the kingpins bent, grab a set of alum c-blocks(not rpm in this location!) and new pins to keep them from bending again.

While you are pulling it apart, you could also replace the 4 bronze steering post bushings with bearings. AvidRC sells them for a buck each, or just pick some up at your hobby shop if you cannot wait for a shipment.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    binding in the suspension will cause this as well as bent pins/shafts. also front toe angles play a good part.

RC poster
    Just found a bent shock shaft...

rebuilding now..

thanks..

RC Racer
    also check your turnbuckles might pop out a little