Thread: Vxl-3s

RC Racer

Vxl-3s

Ok i have a venom 6400 mah and i hook it up and it will turn on for a sec then go off and it's fully charged but i can plug my 3s spc 4100 mah and everything works fine

RC Racer
    I have two venom batteries and I will give you my issues. Both of them the factory soldered connections came loose. I would charge and plug my battery in and the run and it would stop. Take a peak run and the stop. Loose wite on battery would make esc blink and then shut down. I replaced with traxxas females and no problem since. I had too use that stupid adapter to connect to traxxas esc and now we are good to go.

Check the battery connection that's what happened to me.

RC Racer
    Ok I will change to traxxas females

RC Qualifier
    Yes most likely the connectors the interchangeable battery connections are garbage
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Racer
    I noticed can i use regular solder?

You want to use electrical solder (rosin core) for max current flow.
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback fan View Post
    I noticed can i use regular solder?
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Racer
    First time I soldered new connectors was a disaster. Burned my hand and nearly tossed everything in garbage. I am just not good at soldering. Now I use needle nose pliers as my fingers. Learned my lesson.

Fast forward to now and I have a passing grade. Make sure you solder to the wire side of insert and cut just strip 4mm. I was stripping too much wire. Rc's are really technical. I watched some YouTube vids and they made it look so easy. My iron is a Home Depot thing that wasn't cheap.

Make sure you have enough female connectors. My first two tries were no good. 3try was a charm....10 th soldering job was no sweat. Good luck.