Thread: servo horn?

RC Racer

servo horn?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Aluminu...-/370777968805

Fiance slammed into me today, and broke my servo horn. Again. Ive been through a handfull of different savers and horns. Anyone use a racers edge horn?

Just so everyone knows, I am running BB aluminum bell cranks, plastic drag link, a hitec 645mg servo, and now a busted horn. LoL. Any pointers would be appreciated.
    Last edited by LeadFootedRacer; 03-17-2013 at 06:40 PM.
    T-maxx 2.5 | T-maxx 3.3 | T-maxx pro.15

Are you using a saver with the setup your running?
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Champion
    Latitude:N 37 15' 47.0002" Longitude:W 115 47' 34.8713"
    i think id go plastic or next time itll take out your servo...
    Traxxas is good, but so are other Manus

RC Racer
    No saver. I have a pile of broken savers, broken plastic horns, and a few stripped gears from this servo. LoL

This truck has big joes on it... guess I forgot to mention that. LoL.

RC Qualifier
    That's why you're breaking them!!!! The servo saver is a spring that is meant to be the point that moves when theres an impact instead of something breaking. Get a saver on there, and forget about breaking all of that crap!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rcdriver5 View Post
    That's why you're breaking them!!!! The servo saver is a spring that is meant to be the point that moves when theres an impact instead of something breaking. Get a saver on there, and forget about breaking all of that crap!
    I have a pile of broken savers. Between broken ears, stripped splines, or just plain ol explosions. LoL. I have tried traxxas and kimbrough(sp) savers. Neither one has put up with my abuse.

RC Qualifier
    What style bellcrank do you have? If you have the 4910 version, where the saver goes right onto the output gear, then try upgrading to the 4907 type, it has a built in saver to one of the bellcranks. Not really sure why you're having such a trouble with breakage, but it's obviously not the parts, because everyone would be on here complaining about it.

Give the 3.3 spec integrated servo saver/bell crank a try. Works well for me all situations except extreme crashes.

Or just put another kinborough saver on what you got. I have run Jumbo Kong’s with a kinborough and had some major cartwheels/crashes and never broken a kinborough.

If you remove the weak link (saver), the servo will eventually pay the price.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Racer
    Waiting on my axle carriers to come in. She plowed straight into my front wheel and blew the pillow ball out the back of the carrier splitting the pocket open, and broke the servo horn. Beware of new drivers. LoL

RC Champion
    oh man no saver at all, hahaha, yeah thatll equal a toast servo quick... like 10 years ago when i first started rc'ing i tried no saver on a truck i had, broke one servo just driving thru the yard.... and made another servo never be able to come back to center on its own...

I like the looks of the Ofna servo horns, and they cover most servo spline counts.
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAWJH&P=ML
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Qualifier
    This brings up a question I have. The two screws that hold each tie rod to the bellcrank, do they screw in from the top or from the bottom? The inner screws screw in from the bottom, easy to get too, but mine, the two tie rod ends are screwed in from the top, makes them a bear to get too. Secondly, if they are right, I noticed after putting the new servo on, they touch the dif ring, that little ring with the two pegs. I guess I need to reset endpoints?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldrcguy View Post
    This brings up a question I have. The two screws that hold each tie rod to the bellcrank, do they screw in from the top or from the bottom? The inner screws screw in from the bottom, easy to get too, but mine, the two tie rod ends are screwed in from the top, makes them a bear to get too. Secondly, if they are right, I noticed after putting the new servo on, they touch the dif ring, that little ring with the two pegs. I guess I need to reset endpoints?
    mine toe links on the inside screw to the bellcrank from the top... and on the knuckle side screw to the links from the bottom.. no idea if this is 100% correct but it works fine for me...

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, I looked through the exploded views and it really didn't show that.

RC Racer
    Ended up ordering a racers edge servo saver. It is contrsucted of both plastic and aluminum, and was cheap. Hope it holds up. If not, I am going with an aluminum horn and will rebuild my servo as needed. Ive already rebuilt the servo once. LoL