RC Qualifier

Dose anyone race their backslash 4x4 vs 1/8 or 1/10scale buggy?

same as above, Dose anyone race their backslash 4x4 vs 1/8 or 1/0scale buggy?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    I did a few races in the 2wd format. The only problem I ran into.... its not a buggy and will not be excepted in this race format.... its not a slash and will not be able to race in a sc truck (fenders must cover wheels, wheelbase must be said mm's or inches, buggy wheels are not accepted for short course racing with or without fenders, and in most cases the buggy wheels alter your width causing the wheelbase discrepancy )
    This does not mean you can't race! All it means is, you will not be able to race sanctioned races (roar or dedicated club racing) You will be racing in the same manner I was. With a bunch of fellas that simply don't mind and welcome the friendly competition. In a slow growing hobbie like ours, the club or hobbie shops tend to bend the rules for weekly race format just to get you in and involved. Who ever runs the races will most likely add you in to 4wd mod classes. It'll be fun, you should do well, but as soon as you start getting quick lap times, some one WILL turn juri on you and complain! The more competitive you become, the more scrutiny you will face! Guys that look forward to points in the local series will turn from, ya jump on in too, your a bash racer or, your truck doesn't belong in this class. And if you take some one out of a strong place standing........ good luck with dealing with him lol.
    I say go for it! Represent! Show the versatile slash off to the other racers as you pick um of one position at a time. Most important,be humble, do it with grace, style, and a traxxas community kinda smile. I bet you'll be more welcome to the track floor than the people trying to get you thrown off of it.
    Good luck, im rooting for you!
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks dude for this great speech, it made me more excited about racing

RC Qualifier
    Depending on where you are racing and the type of track, you might do well. The track closest to me is 90 miles away, me and a few buddies would go a few times a month. Had the Rally, and was actually competitive against some of the 1/8 buggy guys. The track layout changed, and is now a true 1/8 "Supercross" style track. I am no longer competitive with the Rally (converted to a slash now), so I just run my 1/8 buggy.

Driver skill being close, the only way you will beat a 1/8 buggy on a 1/8 track is with a 1/8 buggy. Weight and durability play a big factor, and nothing I have had comes close to the durability and overall performance of a 1/8 buggy (except a 1/8 truggy).

I keep my Slash as a Slash (except for when I turn it back to a Rally), and enjoy it for what it is; I never really understood the turn it into what looks like a buggy. If you like the look, why not get a buggy? Just my opinion, but turning a slash into a buggy gives you the look but not the durability or performance.

Anyways, good luck and get some video!
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.