RC Champion

Lower the body Q

How to lower it more in the front? I got my car and the front posts are all the way down.

but with the body on it sits VERY high. Why?

Reference:

Even with my 1/16 ontop of it lol:

Do I maybe need to try some softer springs, or take the spacers out? (They come with spacers installed, and without them the springs are too short. i dont get it...
    Everything overpowered...

RC Qualifier
    I pulled the body posts and cut about 1/2 inch off the bottom of the posts, then put 'em back in all the way to the bottom. I only did this to lower mine for on-road running only. I initially got a little tire rub in the front fenders, but I adjusted the shock preload to raise it a touch.
    Good luck!
    AB

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

RC Champion
    That thing is slick! I cant wait to get to use my 17mm setup. I honestly think I should get some different shocks...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i use revo GTR suspensions on mine and lower it even more by adding extra piston inside the shaft shock

| Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

RC Qualifier
    I'm using XO-1 shocks with GTR blue anodized bodies. They are shorter than the stock Rally shocks. I also got softer rate GTR springs & use 40wt oil.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

AB
    Last edited by aburg2; 03-16-2013 at 03:08 AM.

RC Champion
    2 cars I envy right now.. You guys are such teases. lol

It looks like I will swap out the shocks for something else and see if that works. Thanks for the pics you two.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quit teasing us and show us whats under the lid Quick!! (get that pun) LOL

Try moving the shock location. Move it more out towards the wheel. This will make your suspension softer, but at least see if this is enough to lower the car a little bit.

I know i don't have mine slammed, I like to go offroad with this puppy too. LOl

Those 2 guys up there have some of the most awesome rides!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Do I maybe need to try some softer springs, or take the spacers out? (They come with spacers installed, and without them the springs are too short. i dont get it...[/QUOTE]
    The springs that come with the rally are true sl4sh springs. All the springs intended for slash are just a hair short. They require a spacer to get the snug fit. One other thing many owners will notice as they add a new model to the fleet is, these slash sets (all, blacks softer orange and? , then stiffer pink, and stiffest, blues ) are a touch short front and rear but also..... you will need to keep the top retainer/bottom retainer aside for use with those springs. The big bore set is a touch smaller and wont set these springs properly if swapped out with say, a pede or rusty ...same with ultras from the factory. Slash springs added to a pedes ultra shocks would require a new top/bottom retainer just to get them seated right. In your case, you have the right sets, just wanted to through that at ya, so when you grab some springs from your back up bins or upgrade bins used on other trucks.... you could expect to run into this issue. Look through your parts and find the proper retainers if they don't seem to fit right. I had a head scratch moment while beefing up the H-Bomb suspension, turned out it was these lil facts that tripped me up. Not to many folks get the "slash" specific springs so, I've never seen this subject touched on.
    Ya, you right hight will always be decided by your springs and spacers. Also keep in mind that springs and oils must change together for the top performance ability. A stiff spring requires stiffer oils to keep things even and not bouncing with oils that are overtaken by springs strength. Same with softer springs. When you change yours (can't have spring slop!) And the ride hight is dead on, make sure the truck comes back up to you good and fast. If the new set doesn't push the truck up quickly from compressed, consider the density of your oils, thin them out and get you vastly action back with a thinner oil.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Champion
    Thanks for the input dread and Digger! It seems I will be moving the rear mounting point outward. In the front I have the top in the middle. And I will be going to the 2nd to last hole outward. And the rear going o the furthest outward hole on the bottom, and the top wil go the the innermost hole. Even tho this is going to limit my travel, which stinks because I too like to go offroad Digger. I never run the same. And as requested i will post some pics. I only have my iPhone right now so bear with me on the pics. My Nikon is in for warranty repair. And U dont have the 3800 in yet, have the MMP in running the VXL with some great planes connectors while I wait to get a HR mount for the Rally. (Traxxas had my motor to the plate so tight from the factory it was even funny. I stripped a new hex on it. So Im just going to leave the motor on that plate for now and get the HR mount/plate/bearing adapter together)

Shes noting special yet...

Last edited by QYKSLVR; 03-16-2013 at 04:08 PM.

RC Champion
    So the finished result. I dont care much for the result still. I could stand to lower the body posts maybe to finish the desired "look" i suppose. But thats the lowest Im going to get with these shocks.

RC poster
    Aburg 2 what wheels n tires r those n where did u purchase from thanks

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by liboyz100 View Post
    Aburg 2 what wheels n tires r those n where did u purchase from thanks
    Those are from Suprasales, off ebay. Good wheel/tire setups at great prices.

AB

RC Champion
    I love mine...

mine is very low now LOL.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

RC poster
    I can't find them under that name any other suggestions thanks

^^^here you go, http://www.ebay.com/itm/310646123946...84.m1438.l2648