Thread: Mamba monster 2

RC Competitor

Mamba monster 2

I just got a new Mamba Monster 2 2650 in my slash LCG, Can someone explain to me how to reduce the back end from spinning out on the corners....
    thanks for the input.

Ps I LOVE my new MM2

Jeff

RC Qualifier
    Normally a center diff will help, but I hear the center diff will only hold up to 2s. The motor you are running would probably cause some issues for the center diff.

Is it spinning out under power or off power? Changing the oil in the rear diff, along with changing alignment and shock settings can help too.
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreith View Post
    I just got a new Mamba Monster 2 2650 in my slash LCG, Can someone explain to me how to reduce the back end from spinning out on the corners....
    thanks for the input.

Ps I LOVE my new MM2

Jeff
    I hate to sound like a wise guy, but...throttle control!
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Competitor
    i am practicing throttle control, lots more power than the old system, Iv been reading about differant oil weights in the rear vs front diff,but not sure were to start. Its mostly applying throttle comming out of the turns. I have stiffer springs and set up the shocks for stiffer ride, would dropping the ride height make any diff?
    thanks for the input.
    J

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreith View Post
    would dropping the ride height make any diff?
    thanks for the input.
    J
    Most definitely, lowering your center of gravity = better handling. The other guys can provide better direction as to exactly how much you can lower it, but I would say that even 1/4" would make a big difference.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    If you have the castle link you can play with the throttle curve and make it more like a ramp, and also using the punch control helps set it at 100%, then if that's too much control just lower it. Good luck and have some fun, I suggest getting a castle link or field programmer card and read the castle creations drivers Ed manual on their website might help as well, explains what the different settings do. God bless.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys, I have not started playing with the settings yet, althogh FYI I purchased the Field link card. I couldnt get it to update the firm ware so I called Castle. They stated that the Field link dosnt work with the MM2 yet, they have to update the firmware, they went on to say that they have some more products comming out and that they were waiting to put it out all at once. I am able to use the card as a link to the PC , but we will have to wait to use the field card.

RC Racer
    i just got mine about a week ago as well .. had same problem at first .. first go get castle link if u dont already have it mess with ur punch control a little i had to on mine i couldn't keep tires on the rims at first.. once i turned it down i didnt have that problem any more i also ended up puting 100k dif fluid in rear and 50k in front idk if that had anything to do with it but it may have i shoulda just did one thing at a time i guess lol

RC Enthusiast
    The drag brake can still be enabled causing it to brake with no throttle. That could cause some undesired spin outs.

RC Competitor
    I never thought about that, I do have the drag brake set to 10%, I will try it with it off.
    thanks!

RC Enthusiast
    No problem!