Thread: I Love Lipos!

Wink I Love Lipos!

Hey guys, I just got my SPC 2s 8200 lipos in the mail today, and I just finished using them. At first, I didn't notice anything different from running nimh's. A hour and a half later I could see no comparison between them... I love these things so much, I love the run time and having more power for longer! The only thing that sucks is it takes my poor Traxxas EZ Peak Plus 6amp charger over 80 min to charge one... Oh well. Rant over.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

Now you see why some of the folks on here recommend a higher end charger.
    Not just for today,but for when you have 2 sets of them,or like 79 bronco joe and others with 4 sets of them to charge.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    I'm still a bit nervous about using them actually, with the whole fire potential
    and what not.
    I've taken all the precautions (i think), I have the lipo bags, a good charger, a safe outdoor
    place to charge, fire extinguisher and most important....fresh marshmallows.
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

Now you see why some of the folks on here recommend a higher end charger.
    Ya, I get what that mean now LOL. I really like these lipos, but I'm paranoid about something going wrong. When there're charging I never get more than 10 feet away from them...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroTrout View Post
    I'm still a bit nervous about using them actually, with the whole fire potential
    and what not.
    I've taken all the precautions (i think), I have the lipo bags, a good charger, a safe outdoor
    place to charge, fire extinguisher and most important....fresh marshmallows.
    Do you own a cell phone or a newer laptop? Are you nervous about using the LiPo battery packs in those products?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
    Do you own a cell phone or a newer laptop? Are you nervous about using the LiPo battery packs in those products?
    Good point ^^^. Not only do we use them, we hold them up to our faces...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

Not only do we use them, we hold them up to our faces...
    Ha ha wow never thought of that!

RC Racer
    im more afraid of someone running up and snatching my summit. when its a football field away. and im like is it going backwards or is it stuck. lol
    NO U CANT DRIVE MY SUMMIT!

RC Racer
    ooo yeah i also have a BLU E cig it has a lipo in it lol and that thing touches my lips but im still now worried
    NO U CANT DRIVE MY SUMMIT!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    higher end charger
    What is a good higher end charger? Yes, I know its prob been asked a million times. Not anything I would need to make a power supply for.
    Slash MT, 1/10 Summit.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by summitbasher240 View Post
    What is a good higher end charger? Yes, I know its prob been asked a million times. Not anything I would need to make a power supply for.
    I've got the Hitec X4 AC Plus, which is a 4-port AC charger. It has storage mode, which is a great feature, but above all it can charge 4 different RC packs at once. It's a great little charger for $210. Another option is the Traxxas EZ-Peak Plus, which is only a 2-port charger. However, it does have storage mode and is an absolute steal for $80.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    LiPos are fantastic. When I first got mine, I was very nervous. Now though, charging and running LiPos is no problem. Now I just want a nice new charger (iCharger) and some more LiPos.
    This is a signature.

RC Qualifier
    I have two chargers so i can charge one set at once
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC poster
    I just got a 306B iCharger. It can charge up to 30watts. I can charge 5, 5800mah batteries in one hour (at 1c). Its a great charger. You do have to also purchase a power source. With the power source being a separate unit, the charger is very compact when you use it in the field.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by heggie View Post
    I just got a 306B iCharger. It can charge up to 30watts. I can charge 5, 5800mah batteries in one hour (at 1c). Its a great charger. You do have to also purchase a power source. With the power source being a separate unit, the charger is very compact when you use it in the field.
    That's the one I've been looking at. I'm also thinking about making the PS myself.
    This is a signature.

RC Racer
    You might also want to consider a FMA POWERLAB 6. It's 40amps for just $15 more than an iCharger 306B.
    Tekin powered Summit

RC Racer
    I run 2 x 2S 5000mah lipo's in my Summit. Charging time for both lipo's is about 60 mins together. Having a dual 2S charging adapter cuts the time in half for charging . I use the Traxxas ezpeak 6 amp charger and has the storage mode etc which is great.
    PHOENIX Bandit,Summit,Funny Car,Darkrayne Rustler