Thread: Fried ESC?

RC poster

Fried ESC?

I apologize for any ignorance upfront. I/my boy have an emaxx 3903 brushed waterproof etc etc. I have a bit of integy stuff on it along with some rpm. Batteries are stock for now.

Here's the sequence of events.
    Halfway through battery cycle, one battery is hot as all get out and beginning to melt the shrink wrap on the outside.
    All of a sudden, poof white smoke and flames out of the ESC.
    Also, one of the black wire connections was charred as well(connection between ESC and motor)

Question:
    Clearly, I need a new ESC. But what is going to happen when I plug in/wire the new one? I really don't want to waste $80 to find out that something else is bad.

Any ideas or troubleshooting help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED....

Edited for language abuse. If you see starred out words in your post, you must edit them out.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-19-2013 at 12:06 PM.

RC Qualifier
    its just your esc, when i first got my emaxx i fried the esc 4 times i was extremely angry, that was back when the esc's had a problem now they're somewhat improved, my new one has ran for the last 2 years same motors and batteries as before when the old ones blew up, sometimes it just happens you can warranty it through traxxas and only pay $40-60 depending on where you live its just bad luck i guess.......hope this was helpful
    The smartest person, asks the most questions...

RC poster
    Thanks!
    I'll give them a call. You're saying that the ESC would be the reason for the hot battery as well?

RC Qualifier
    No it would not be... Which battery do you have? brand, mAh, ect..and how hot was it cause batteries will get fairly hot while running
    The smartest person, asks the most questions...